Born to Die 1

Cold nights were the worst

Cold nights were the worst. You weren't sleeping outside or anything but the kitchen floor of your job wasn't the coziest. Speaking of warm,  there was more warm next to you last night, where did Jason go? It wasn't abnormal to wake up without him. Hell, you've spent more mornings without him then with, but no matter what you always ended up sharing the day by lunch time. You took a few steps outside before the familiar smell of smoke ran through your nose and you let your nose guide the way. There was a long path that trailed behind the buildings your job was in, heading to the usual spot you whistled to calmly grab his attention.

  "It's not even 8 am is it? Already at it?"

You joked, what better way to warm up?  He passed it over to you while you mumbled a thanks.

The crisp air was awakening.

"You working today?"

"No," you paused, taking a hit. "I know what we should do today though."

"And what's that?"

"Holy shit, Firefly... you're insane." Jason chuckled, looking around at the empty green house.

He questioned you robbing a magical treehouse,

"I've seen the women who owns them she doesn't need all of them... and shes a criminal."

"These won't hurt you will they? You don't know what she could have in these plants."

You laughed

"Yes, this tired women laced her beloved plants."

Stretching your ghand forward touching the large flower bud planted in the middle of the greenhouse. Your finger tips felt warm as the plant shared its energy to you.

"This is one way to make it through the winter." Said Jason,  taking stems and roots of various plants and throwing them into his back.

If I get sick this winter I'll die.

You let go of the plant, feeling full of life again. You excitedly let out a shout of energy.

"Her plants have something to them, man."

"You've been here before? Without me? That's dangerous."

Not really, you replied

You shivered, weak against the wind. Gotham city's pollution was out of control and non frozen greenery was impossible to find. You curled up closer to yourself while sitting on the floor. Homelessness as a plant being who needs the sun and warmth to thrive has some ugly moments. Taking one last weak sad breath, you shriveled down into your unconscious.

After a while of freezing, a tall being with fiery red had come across your inhuman rotten looking body. Don't ask how you knew, but you knew she knew you needed her help.

"Finally awake are you?" A deep gorgeous voice questioned from the shadows. You sat up from wherever you had been laid down and looked around. A green house, full of the craziest plants you've ever seen. The strongest energy you've felt.

"Who are you?"

"Don't worry about it. You were dead on the streets of Gotham before I took you here. You should be thankful."

"Why do I feel so strong?" You honestly asked. Her green skin was a give away that you could be honest with her.

"Because, darling, there's no plants like my own. Where are your plants, hm? How did you let yourself freeze and die like that?"

"I'm stronger then her. It wouldn't matter." You said shortly.

"Uh" he said doubtfully, "alright".

This women can survive winter and, well, you can't. So you need her plants. As many as you can get. Prop lifting is the act of stealing plants by taking a piece of their stems, and planting the stem to grow your own plant; 'propagation' is the act of making one plant multiple

"I need a Greenhouse." You sighed

"If I could give you a greenhouse I would."

"Means a lot," you laughed, "Thanks."

Even though you rolled your eyes, you can't lie and say Jason isn't a sweetheart at the whole plant thing, because he's the best, most thoughtful, best friend anyone could ask for. Continuing picking the stems of colorful, glowing, exotic plants, when next thing you knew a plant reached out and grabbed your wrists and ankles holding you in place. Firstly, you looked towards Jason to see he was caught too.

Here we go. Your eyes glowed white, and skin glowed a fluorescent green and light pink. Connecting to the plants to calm them, freeing you and Jason instantly. Jason ran in-front of you as protection, but, no offense, you didn't need it in this situation. Pulling Jason away you faced the one behind the attack. Poison Ivy. You didn't know much of her criminal history, just that she saved you once. Even though that ended up meaning nothing.

What separates you and The Poison Ivy is that you're an empath in a way. You survive on the energy of other life, just by living in it. (Or living in a perfect world at least) You can manipulate the energy from others into whatever energy you want, with practice. You don't have that much practice. You did the one thing you're good at. Sleep. Poison Ivy fell forward with her plants.

"We gotta go."