1.3

Callie

A sore feeling made it's way in my body once I woke up. Blinking numerously, the focus returned to my eyes to see Calum asleep above me. Smiling at his squishy face, I move from my place on his chest. Throwing his Nirvana shirt over my body, I walked into the kitchen to find Cammie crying.

"Cam, what happened?" I asked as I wrapped her small body into mine. She kept shaking her head in my chest but I still held her tight.

"Please just drive me to the airport, I don't want to be late for my flight."

"Camera, I will not let you run away to another hemisphere unless you tell me what is wrong." I said firmly. It took a moment for her to stop sobbing but the tears still held a place in her eyes.

"Isaac, ask him and maybe you will get your answer. I'll just call Noah to take me instead." She began grabbing some of her bags once I noticed the boxes were gone.

"This has to stop, you always run away from problems with bad intentions. Why can't you just face something? It's stupid how you think I don't know you changed your flight from today to tomorrow and you shipped the boxes. What aren't you telling me?"

Cammie grabbed her bags and without a word, walked out the door. Throughout our nineteen years together I thought that her secrets were ridiculous and this is just proving me right. Once my sobs became audible, I could see the shadow of Calum around the corner.

"I know you're there, Calum. Maybe you should just go. I have somethings to take care of." His chocolate orbs filled with confusion as he go closer.

"Callie, you don't have to be alone right now." He said as his calloused hand cupped my left cheek. "Get dressed, we are going to Noah's for a bit."

***

"This is a nice building. How come you didn't want to live here?" Calum said as we walked towards the elevator. Though my brother is a sweet guy, he has some traits like Chuck Bass. Calum took one more look around the posh lobby pressing a button and turning towards me.

"Do you remember the last time we were in an elevator alone, Callie?" He teased as his arms wrapped around my waist. I nodded and feigned a smile. For the past hour he had tried almost everything to cheer me up and sadly, every attempt failed. The small chimed went off as soon as he released me. Once the door had closed I realized he picked the wrong floor. Thankfully, the sound of footsteps made its way into my left ear. The woman looked vaguely familiar as she got closer. Long caramel hair to match her legs.

"Mali?" Calum asked once he saw her. The pair were all smiles and hugs. I was happy to see them reconnect after so long, but it still brought a pain to my heart. My twin left me and now I only have my brother has been slowly drifting away.

"This is my girlfriend, Callie." I gave her a small smile and turned back to look at the elevator, hoping Calum wouldn't mind me going to find Noah. "We should all catch up some time soon, but Callie and I are actually going to see her brother right now."

"Alright, Calum. But it has to be soon since you leave in a week. Nice meeting you, Callie." She spoke with a small wave before moving in the direction of her flat. Calum quickly pulled me into the lift with a guilty look on his face. It seems like he told everyone except for me.

"Cal-" He said and stopped once he saw the look on my face.

"This is just sad. Luke told me at three in the morning that you guys were leaving soon and you feel the need to tell everyone except for me. Why is that? Do you just not care or would you rather leave without a trace? Both of those questions are rhetorical so just don't say anything."

No matter how many times I pressed the button, the doors refused to open. Today must be my lucky day. Once the lights shut off, we both retreated to opposite corners of the box.

"I'm sorry that I wasn't the one to tell you. Granted, I thought you would know since you work at the studio." He began once the silence became too much for the both of us. I slowly lifted my head to be met with his regret-filled orbs staring at me.

"God, boys like you really are overrated. Just save your breath."

***

My brother may have been distant at times but he always knew how to cheer me up. After being silent for almost an hour, the lift began to work again and Calum decided it would be best if he went home. Noah found me crying at his door and welcomed me in his flat. Shockingly, our dear sister forgot to tell him that she was leaving today. That's how we found ourselves eating ice cream and playing monopoly at midnight.

"Do you have anymore cookie dough? I think I ate it all." I confessed as my brother went to get himself a beer.

"I'll ask Isaac to pick up more ice cream on his way." He said taking a long sip before he decided to buy Boardwalk.

"He's living here? What happened to his house?" Noah sighed before shutting his bottle on the table and looking at me. In this moment, I noticed how his eyes have melted to the whiskey he always drinks while mine remain plain brown, losing vibrancy everyday.

"Callie, Isaac is my best friend. He asked me if he could move in just to save himself and me some money. I don't see why you have such a big problem with him now. Please tell me it's not because of Cammie." My eyebrows furrowed at the mention of our sister. Though I disliked Isaac's ways, the thought of the two never crossed my mind. 

"What do you mean?" 

"You know, your crush on Isaac since you guys met. He told me about it from when we were kids and once he started messing around with Cammie in boarding school I figured you would get over it. I'm guessing you didn't." 

I froze once the words registered in my head. Anger and betrayal flooded my eyes with tears as foot soldiers. I quickly got my jacket and red scarf from the closet and went in search of my keys. Noah followed closely behind, most likely in confusion. To make matters worse, the devil himself walked through the door.

"Do you really want to know why I hate your best friend so much, Noah?" I said as Isaac made his way into the kitchen. His face pleaded for me not to say a word but it was much overdue. "During college we dated, and on the day I gave him my virginity, he cheated on me with my roommate. Now I that I know he's been dating our sister the whole time I feel worse." 

I made my way out the door as fast as I could. Even though the bastard deserved my brother's wrath, I couldn't bare to see it. My feet went down the stairway and through the door until I found myself driving to a place I thought I would never go back to. 

A/N

Yay! I finally updated and I apologize for not doing it soon but things have been hectic.

Please tell me your thoughts because I would love to hear them.

Read, recommend, vote, and comment as always. Peace out loves c: