CHAPTER TEN

With things settled, the scenery around Liberty City was now changed.

The claws of the Eastern European mafia were no longer present.

There was no fear of moving around with the disappearance of the Bulgaring Bratva.

Even if the illegal side of the business was never going to meet its end, at least it was now on the Liberty City boys to take back control and set up shop in their own neighborhoods.

As Niko found what he was looking for with Bulgarin being dead, the whole event was covered up by Karen.

This time it wasn't something that Niko proposed, it was her.

She knew that by acting on that clusterfuck she'd be seen as one of the biggest heroes in any government agency. This would be the perfect catalyst for her rise to the top, so of course she took the bite.

Even so, it was Niko that brought the plan together.

Since she was given everything on a silver platter, Niko of course expressed a request for this, and it was the freedom of Gerry.

Even if Gerry was, just like Niko, one of the bad guys, his time behind bars was some cooked up bullshit.

With her influence it was a piece of cake. It took some time for things to get in order, but finally the big day came.

When Gerry got out the prison gate, outside in a car, Niko was waiting.

This was the least he could do in his opinion right now.

The two of them spoke for a while.

Gerry McReary: So I heard Packie is gone.

Niko Bellic: Yup.

Gerry McReary: The little prick actually took off.

Niko Bellic: It's a new road ahead of him now.

Gerry McReary: That's great to hear. Whatever stupid shit he's doing now, I bet he's living the best life he can.

Niko Bellic: Don't go all soft on me now.

Gerry McReary: Shut the fuck up.

Gerry McReary: I'm just happy for that prick, he's not like us. Wherever happens now it's not for him.

Gerry McReary: I will be forever grateful to you for what you did for him but don't think this just resets everything and we're back to square one.

Niko Bellic: Never had such hopes.

Gerry McReary: Good.

Gerry McReary: Listen... I'm glad it's over. I'm glad you got what you wanted.

Gerry McReary: Thank you for getting me out.

Gerry McReary: But... now... I have a lot of catching up to do. You're a great asset man, but I can't have you around.

Gerry McReary: Packie got to me, he opened my eyes, but I just can't sweep everything under the rug.

Gerry McReary: Thank you for what you did to my family. I helped you with what you wanted because I had an interest in this and I thought you still deserve a chance. Just like me.

Gerry McReary: But... yeah... this is the end of our combined roads.

Gerry McReary: I don't know what the fuck was going on in the Fast and Furious shit, I just saw this one scene on a phone inside... but it's time to do that thing Paul Walker did and just steer right... or left... or wherever the fuck he went...