CHAPTER: 26 In Which Vincent Rips a Knife Out of His Chest

EXTRA FUCKING LONG CHAPTER, KNOW WHY?! CUZ I LIKE YA, YEAH, YOU! KEEP BEING GREAT! GREAT JOB CHAMP, I'M PROUD OF YOU! ANYWAY THIS SHIT WAS LIKE, TWENTY SIX PAGES LONG IN DOCS, SO ITS LONG HERE TOO.

_________________________________________________________________________________

I woke up the next morning able to breath. This thought briefly crossed my mind when a ray of sun landed on my face via the window. I let out a growl and a sigh, willing myself to sleep for a little longer as I rolled over away from the light. It then occurred to me what I had done.

"Holy shit..."

I COULD FUCKING BREATH. AND TALK.

"Vincent!" I snapped upright in my blanket nest. So much for sleep I suppose...

"...?" There was a soft groan next to me. "What..? What is it..?" Vincent rolled over and faced me, hair messy and all over the place.

I can't quite describe the feeling of relief I got. He got a good night's sleep... So what? For whatever reason, that put me at ease. Sure, I knew he hadn't slept a lot these days, I understood why. With what he witnessed, God in heaven knows what he would see in his dreams. I guess confirming he had actually rested was something I needed.

I let out a small giggle, trying not to alert everyone in the house of our awakening, or not bothering the still sleeping Keno, as I was planning on possibly going back to sleep.

"... Why are you laughing..?" He gave a light hearted smile, I don't think he even knew he was grinning. He sat up and took note of our surroundings, and the expression of joy quickly left his face. "..."

"Your hair is messy." I told him, reaching out to ruffle his hair more. He was too distant thinking whatever sudden realization he had to protest.

"..."

"Is something slightly worse than it is right now?" I inquired.

"What..?" He looked at me like he didn't quite understand what I meant.

"Are you okay?" I ceased ruffling the poor kids hair to grant him a response.

"... I thought I woke up from a bad dream." He answered very quietly. "... I thought we were home."

I frowned and laid back down, facing him. Unsure of how to respond I simply re-burrowed into my blanket nest. "I wanna go home too..."

We sat in silence for several minutes, before Vincent ruffled my considerably thicker hair. I didn't react instantaneously.

"... Your hair is messy."

"Rude..!" I attempted to pat my hair back into the place.

In between me spitting sleepy grumbly curses at Vincent, there was suddenly loud steps thundering down the hall towards our door.

The door burst open, and there stood the false ginger, in place of our barrier. "I heard you giggling!"

If it wasn't Kat, we probably would have been startled at the idea of some crazed sociopath knocking our door down, but you know, you learn to expect this kind of thing. Rather than shock, we experienced something along the lines of mild annoyance, and a large desire to defenestrate oneself out the nearest second story or higher opening.

"Nice to see you too Kat." I sat up once more.

"Katherine." Vincent rose and nodded, acknowledging her presence.

"Listen, Malcolm has been throwing up for like... hours now!"

That caught our attention.

"Shit! Is he okay?!" I asked.