Conflicting Forces pt. 2 (Kid's POV)

Finally, I huffed to myself. After most of the day, the work was over at last.

I hurried to the cafeteria, to pick up food for both Y/N and myself, as I hadn't eaten since the morning and I doubted she had eaten since last night.

Leaving with two to-go trays of rice and chicken, I rushed through the halls weaving in between people as they passed me by. I made my way to the wall, where it was significantly easier to get by. As an uneasy feeling overcame me, I quickened my pace.

Something was wrong. I was sure of it.

Just as I was turning the last corner to lead me to Stein's classroom where Y/N was assuredly still resting, I slammed into someone.

Mine and Y/N's food fell to the floor, and before I knew it I was shouting at the offender.

"Damnit!" I shouted, moving back from whoever was careless enough to run into me at a time like this, "if that messed up the food in there you're going to pay-"

I looked up, and saw that it was the very girl I was looking for who had done it, and instantly I calmed down, an irrepressible smile adoring my face.

"Y/N!" I went to embrace her, but saw that I was beaten to it, by none other than Tsubaki Nakatsukasa.

Even though a smile stayed on my face, it was underlain with jealousy, "And Tsubaki, hello."

"Hi Kid," her joyful tone sickened me. She knew what she was doing, and was enjoying it way too damn much, "we were just looking for you!"

Yeah I bet you were you unbearable woman.

"Well you found me!" I forced out a laugh, "Come here Y/N, let's go home. You'll want to have plenty of time to get ready."

She started to walk over, after her first step Tsubaki pulled her back, wrapping her arms around her. Then, looking me directly in the eyes, plants a kiss on her cheek.

If Y/N wasn't right there I would have kicked Tsubaki to the ground right then and there, but I wouldn't risk her being upset with me, even if it was important.

I went to grab Y/N, but she pulled away before I did, and entered into my arms of her own will.

Quickly I turned both of us away, ignoring what food that had fallen. I heard Tsubaki say bye, but didn't bother to give her an answer. Instead I just continued to guide me and Y/N towards the exit.

Y/N turned her head up towards me, and I could see the worry in her eyes.

"Is everything okay?"

I looked down into her eyes and smiled, "Of course, you're here now."

I was lying.