Final Decision (Reader's POV)

Kid had left me.

I collapsed to the floor, tears of frustration stinging my eyes. He had promised he wasn't going to leave. Everything was supposed to be okay, but he was gone.

"Y/N?" I jumped a little as Tsubaki touched my shoulder. I didn't say anything to her, I didn't want to, but I did scoot over to offer her a place to sit. She lowered herself down, and looked at me, softly and sadly, "Is everything okay?"

I looked at her, struggling even more to keep the tears back, "Do I look like everything is okay?" Instantly I regretted how harsh I was. It wasn't Tsubaki's fault Kid had left me. She was actually the one to stay by my side tonight.

"Tsubaki?" I didn't know what I was doing. I wasn't sure if this was just my emotions taking over or if this was what I wanted all along, but I couldn't stop now.

She turned to me.

"Do you...do you love me?" I asked, searching her eyes for the answer before she even opened her mouth. Her calm, beautiful eyes. Whatever god existed, I was praying she'd say yes.

And I was begging them to make me feel the same.

For a moment she didn't say anything, and I started to panic. What the hell was I thinking? This was utterly insane, there was no possible way someone like her would like someone like me. I mean, I was sitting in the back of a party trying to keep myself together.

"What would you do if I said yes?"

Suddenly a different feeling took a hold of me. I couldn't answer her, but she kept going despite that.

"Because I do. I really really do. And I know, I know I shouldn't. You like Kid, Kid likes you. But I just couldn't stop myself, you're so-"

I shook my head, cutting her off.

Tsubaki's hands met mine, and I could tell she was begging for me to share her feelings.

"Tsubaki?" Her name was soft as it left my mouth.

"Yes?" Her voice was softer.

"I pick you."