VIII

𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐋 𝐂𝐇𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀 shared many jokes

𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐋 𝐂𝐇𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐇𝐈𝐌 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀 shared many jokes. Well, they were insults, but they didn't offend either of them.

They had been a lot closer after sharing more about themselves to one another. 

They had both fallen asleep on the floor, her head next to his head yet their bodies facing opposite ways.

"Michonne has no taste buds." He started, "She likes stale m&ms..." He finished with a fake gag.

She looked disgusted, "And you don't? They taste the same anyway."

"No! Ew!"

"Well it's not as bad as you. You like peanut butter!"

Offended, he rolled over to face her and fought back. "You're allergic, how would you know what it even tastes like?"

All of a sudden, there was a loud bang throughout the prison. 

"Rick! Come down here, we need to talk."

♡ 

In the short amount of time it took Carl and Priscilla to get to where the noise was coming from, Rick and the Governor.

They picked up their guns from the holsters around their waists and scurried over to Daryl who was standing by the fence.

"What's happening?"

"Governor wants the prison. Rick ain't gonna let him have it, tryin' to get him to share."

The three shared a look; this was going to go wrong.

"It's not up to me," Rick began, his voice obviously nervous. "There's a council now- they run this place."

The villainous man grinned, "Is Hershel on the council?" He asked tauntingly before ordering his men to take Hershel out of one of their many trucks. 

Maggie and Beth gasped in fear and started to scream in horror; their dad was just a pawn in one of the Governor's sick games.

"Is Michonne?" He asked, knowing that she probably was.

Michonne then stumbled out of the vehicles and kneeled onto the ground.

Rick then decided to be brave, "I don't make decisions anymore." 

"Well, you're making them today Rick. Come down here, let's talk."

♡ 

Carl, Daryl and Pris were bundled together against the fence, watching Rick and then Governor talk while aiming their guns at his army.

"We could kill him right now." The male teenager proposed.

She looked at him like he was an idiot, but held back any snarky comment as this was definitely not the time to joke around.