43

billie pov

i'm still in denial. i can't believe she's gone. when i got home that night all i could do was sob. it was super hard for me to tell kourtney. when i did tell her both of us ended up sobbing together.

kourtney has been in her room most of the day and even though i try to at least make her feel better it doesn't work. im still trying to make myself feel better. i hate this feeling,the loss of my wife.

the loss to the mother of our kids. the loss to a best friend. the lost to my person. my mom have been checking in on me while also worrying about where finneas could be.

other than kourtney, the hardest person i've had to tell about aaliyah's death to was sierra. sierra went silent. she went silent for a minute,which felt like an hour before i could hear her crying.

i still haven't gotten a formal call from the police letting me know she's dead. she have to be though. she's literally not here with me,so she's obviously dead. maybe her face looks horrible and they can recognize her...

i'm currently in the backseat of the car while waiting for us to arrive to my business. i have press to do about what occurred. they couldn't even give me a damn week to heal.

i pull out my phone and head to the camera. i look at my face and slide on my dark framed glasses.

once we arrive i get out the backseat and cameras immediately start flashing in my face. i ignore the  thousands of questions getting thrown out before stepping up to the podium.

monroe and andrew nod at me from the crowd. i take a deep breath in before beginning.

"what has happened here was a traumatic experience for everyone here. we were all minding our business when an armed shooter entered in and took the lives of innocent people and inflicting permanent damage to the families of those lives that have been took. the mentality of the victims that were in this building, will be different. the trauma that have been brought upon innocent lives will never be forgotten." i say

"to the families of mariah codd, brent smith, lily williamsboro, kate grey, olivia pope, mylah brown, samuel davis and shawn lee, i send you my deepest condolences. last but not least, i will like to announce that my wife,aaliyah o'connell also in fact died in the shooting. any questions?" i end

reporters begin raising their hands. i pick a random reporter and she asks "was the shooter arrested?"

"no,he was actually found deceased on scene" i say before picking another reporter

"how is it that your wife died but you didn't?"he asks

how is that your mother is a pussy eater but yet still be sucking on your fathers dick?

"we weren't together. i was in a meeting,she was in the office." i say before picking another reporter

"is it possible that you guys know the shooter's motive?"

"i'm not a detective so no i don't know. next!" i say before choosing another person

"do you think this have any connection to the murder of victoria?"

"who said she was murdered? no,i don't think so. i think we should all have positive hopes on victoria and that she's found safe and sound" i say

"but will she be found safe and sound? what if you killed her?"

"i am a lot of things,positive of course. so a murderer is definitely not it." i smile

i hear murmurs in the crowd before another reporter asks me something. "any enemies that could do this?"

"nope. i'm on good terms with everyone i know,like usual"

"are you going to host a memorial for the lives lost?"

"yes,the families need to heal their loss first. i don't want to make things harder and later on i will be hosting a memorial for every single person lost in this building"

i was about to take another question when monroe comes and get me.

kourtney pov

i'm at destiny's house because i didn't want to go to aunt sierra's house with amari.

i'm laying on her as we watch a movie. "you're gonna be okay" she whispers

"i hope"

my eyes suddenly get heavy from all the crying i've been doing and i fall asleep.

in what felt like five minutes,i wake up to me still laying on her. she's knocked out sleep though. i get off her and head inside the bathroom.

i look in the mirror seeing my puffy red eyes. this is horrible. my head hurts,everything hurts. i open the cabinet and grab two tylenols. i put them in my mouth and turn on the sink drinking the water to swallow.

i look at my hair seeing it sticking up everywhere. oh well. i leave out the bathroom and lay down on the bed beside her. i grab my phone and head to instagram.

the first thing that pops up are announcements of my mom death. i shake my head before exiting out the app. i delete instagram all together.

at the top of my phone a notification from emma pops up.

emma

hi kourtney
i'm so sorry for your loss. if you need anything let me know🤍
i love you.

thanks

a dry ass response is absolutely fucking crazy
i'm sorry
i didn't mean to come off rude
my hormones

well i'm sorry i'm still processing my mom's death. i've never dealt with grief before so sorry for being "dRy".

no you're good i'm sorry.
i love you so much kourtney

i roll my eyes not replying before suddenly she sends a picture. i notice it being an ultrasound with her name in the corner. that's a baby? ain't no way....

HELL NAH. that's what her cheating ass get.

emma

[one attachment]
so...turns out i'm pregnant

👀
have fun!

i shake destiny awake. "wake up! i got something to show you so we can laugh about it together" i say

she groans waking up with an annoyed look. "look at this shit" i say before passing my phone to her

she looks at my phone and her eyes widen. "damn!"

"i know right" i say

"imagine...couldn't be me" she say

"exactly,couldn't be me" i say

"i say that's karma for what she did to you" she say