chapter 1

*hadley's pov*

it's finally here, senior year of high school. not to be dramatic or anything, but I didn't even think I'd make it to my senior year. life pretty good right now. I've found a passion for songwriting and singing, I have an amazing boyfriend, and I have great friends. I woke up early to make sure I look good for the first day, also so I had enough time to get coffee before school. I double check my hair and makeup in the school before getting out of my car and heading over to my boyfriend and our friend group. 

"hey love." I say as I place a kiss on carsons cheek.

"I told you not to call me names like that in front of people." carson says into my ear while pulling away from me. 

"oh." I say quietly as I look down at my hands anxiously.

"anyways hadley are we still hanging out today after school? I want to try that new coffee shop down the road." my friend lily says looking at me.

"oh yeah for su-"

"actually she can't she has plans. right hadley?" carson says interrupting me

"oh yeah I forgot." I say looking down at my hands again.

"well me and hadley better get to class see you guys later." carson says while grabbing my wrist and starting to walk away from the group. 

"what are you doing? class doesn't start for another 20 minutes." I say looking up at carson. 

"we're going to have some fun before class babe." carson says as he leads me into an empty classroom.

"I'm really not in the mood carson. we've had sex every single night for the past week because you wanted to. I'm tired and so is my body. please not today?" I say as a take a seat in one of the chairs.

"listen hadley. I make the rules in this relationship ok? we don't have to do it here but I'll see you at my house after school." carson says as he grabs my hand placing a kiss on it.

"I can't hang today I'm going to the studio after school to record." I say nervously knowing exactly what he's going to say.

"how many times do I have to remind you hadley. this stupid singing hobby of yours will take you no where." carson says crossing his arms and sitting on the table.

"I promise you that's not the case. I've been working really hard and I think I actually have a shot." I say looking at him excitingly. 

"I'm glad you have hope. anyway, I'll see you later. also I'm hanging out with avery tonight so we have to re-schedule our date. I promise I'll make it up to you babe." carson says as he places a kiss on my head and makes his way out of the classroom.

me and carson have been together for almost 2 years now. at the beginning of our relationship, he was super sweet and caring and would do anything to make me happy. after he took my virginity, everything about him changed. now our whole relationship is extremely one-sided. I can't have friends regardless of gender because he "doesn't trust other people", but he can go and hang out with girls. I can't touch him or call him pet names in public because he "doesn't like pda", but he touches all over me in public when any other guy looks in my direction. the list goes on. I have thought of breaking up with him, but I have attachment issues and I'm so used to being with him that I have no clue what I would do if I wasn't with him. I'm so used to it at this point that it doesn't really bother me anymore. if anything, our relationship has just led me to make great music. 

time skip to after school

after a long day of school, I finally get to head over to my recording session. I'm so excited because I haven't had a chance to professionally record one of my songs yet. after recording it, I'm planning to release it next friday. I arrive at the recording studio and head inside. 

"hey you must me hadley. are you ready to record?" a guy who works at the studio says in a friendly tone. 

"yes that's me and I'm ready." 

we head up to the studio and we get everything set up to record. 

"hey hads sorry to interrupt, but I wanted to bring you a surprise as a somewhat celebration for you recording your first song!" my best friend says as she walks into the room.

"chloe? what are you doing here?" I say as I stand up and give her a hug.

"like I said, I have a surprise for you. guess where we're going friday night." chloe says excitedly.

"where??"

chloe reaches in her purse and hands me a piece of paper.

"a concert? I haven't been to a concert in 2 years. I've never heard of this artist but I'm sure it'll be fun. thank you chlo." I say giving chloe another hug.

"of course. well continue on with your session, I'll see you on friday!" 

chloe leaves and we get back to work on the song. after about 2 hours, we finally finish. I am so excited with the finished song. its so good and I'm so excited to finally release my first song. it's like a dream come true. I thank the guy that helped me with my song and head out of the studio. I decide to listen to the artist we're going to see next week and listen to some of her music. I look up the setlist for the show and create a playlist on spotify. I press play and start my drive home. her music is really good. her style of music is very similar to the music I make. her voice is so angelic, I love it. after going through the entire setlist, I finally arrive home. 

I walk inside and set down my things from school. I'm pretty hungry so I decide to make myself some food. my mom comes down the stairs and welcomes me home with a hug. she sits down across from me at the table and I tell her about my day. she asks to hear my song so I play it for her. 

"I'm so proud of you sweetheart. this song is amazing." my mom says as she grabs my hands from across the table.

"thank you mom. I'm so excited to finally be able to release music. I should probably get to bed I have school in the morning. also, chloe and I are going to a concert on friday." I say grabbing my dishes and walking over tot place them in the sink.

"okay sweetie sounds good. goodnight, I love you." my mom says as she walks over to me and places a kiss on my head.

"I love you too mom."

I head up to my room, change my clothes, and get in bed. I scroll through instagram and decide to look up the artist me and chloe are going to see. I look up "tate mcrae" in the search bar and her account pops up. I scroll through her page. she is so pretty. after stalking tates page for a while, I set down my phone and close my eyes.

a/n:

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter!! I'm so excited to write this story, I have so many ideas. also, I wanted to write this because I haven't found many good tate fanfics. i hope you guys have/had a great day/night. :)

word count: 1263