chapter 7

*hadleys pov*

I look down at my hands in silence. I don't know why, but part of me still wants to protect carson. tate looks at me worried as she waits for an answer to her question. I don't know how to respond, so I just look at her.

"you can tell me hadley. I promise you your secrets safe with me. I'm just here to help." tate says as she grabs my hand.

"yes." I say as I look back at her, causing me to cry again.

"I promise you he won't get away with this hadley. you told me your moms a lawyer right?" she says wiping a tear from my cheek.

"yeah why"

"when you're ready, you need to tell her so you can file a restraining order. then you'll never have to see him again." I nod. 

tate grabs my head, once again pulling me into her chest. she continues to let me cry as she plays with my hair.

"I know its easier said than done, but we need to forget about carson for right now and go get you ready. tonights your big night and no boy is going to ruin that for you."

I let out a small laugh and tate starts driving home. she plays some music on the way to her house. I just look out the window trying not to think about the whole situation. we arrive at tates apartment after a short drive. we head up to her place and tate unlocks the door.

"so this is my place. what do you think?" tate says excitingly.

"I love it." I say as I look around the well decorated room.

"I'll get us some drinks, you can head to my room I'll meet you in there." I nod and walk to tates room. 

her room is very homey. she has a keyboard on one side of the room, along with a bunch of music artists posters on the wall. I set my bag down and sit on tates bed. I take out my phone and click on carsons contact. after debating with myself in my head for a couple minutes, I block his number. I take a breath of relief as I feel like a weight was lifted off my shoulders.

"here you go." tate says as she walks in the room, handing me a drink and sitting down next to me on the bed. 

"what is it?" I say looking over at tate.

"a little pregaming drink for you. pink whitney and pink lemonade. mines just pink lemonade, I'm driving us so." tate says as she takes a sip.

I let out a small laugh and look down at the cup.

"oh if you don't want it I can totally make you something else. I should've asked if you drank im sor-"

"no tate it's okay. trust me, I need it." I say cutting her off and taking a large sip of my drink.

I ask tate about tour and she tells me I few fun stories about it. after about 30 minutes of talking and 3 drinks later, me and tate finally decide to get ready for my party.

"are you sure you'll be good hadley? you had 3 drinks." tate says looking at me, laughing slightly.

"yeah I'm good. I'll be sick tomorrow but tonight I'm numb." I say taking another sip of my drink.

"wait that's perfect." tate says as she stands up and grabs a notebook from her desk.