Chapter 2

Hers

I made my way through the busy club trying to reach my father and I's office floor on the second floor. A secret staircase was built to reach this space given it was private, and while a few people were part of the academy, being comrades meant nothing if personal space was invaded. And that's what poor poor Kelvin did.

I opened my office to my father sitting on a chair and Kelvin tied and gagged to another. "Why'd you have to come to my office, why not yours?" I asked nonchalantly.

"That's your guy, I don't want blood on my floor", my comrade started visibly shaking at my father's words. I turned to him while putting on some leather gloves,

"You know you weren't supposed to step foot in this club, it's a Dagger place" I raised my eyebrows and went to the closet, opening it and exposing the large number of weapons. "It's a shame, such a stupid way to be taken out you know", I picked up a sharp knife and walked over to him, eyeing him down and looking at the fear on his face. 

The office space had a one-way mirror to the club, and I looked out to the scene watching the wave of people dance to whatever techno music was being played. My father stepped out of my office seemingly done being involved in this, and I turned back to the man tied in the chair. 

"You had an alliance with someone, right?" I put my knife under his chin forcing him to look up at me as he tried to mouth something. I reached to undo the gag and he started screaming- I cut both edges of his mouth, seeing blood roll down his mouth as he looked at me again, eyes wide.

"If you can't hear anything that's going on outside what makes you think they can hear you too? Dumbass. To make it simpler for your pea brain, it's soundproof, good luck getting anyone to hear you, now tell me, alliance." 

Kelvin obviously didn't want to share anything with me, but with a little knife encouragement, he was able to spill two names. I had no more use for him so I ended him quickly and called the cleaning crew as well as my "business" partner to have him get the two men mentioned. 

I took off my gloves and headed downstairs to relax a little bit, I sat at the bar while music blasted everywhere. My usual whiskey was handed to me and I sipped while watching everyone dance to the beat. A specific girl caught my attention, she had a tight red dress on her and a matching red lipstick and was dancing with, I assumed, a friend, but was seemingly bothered by the men behind her.

While I usually wouldn't get involved, she did catch my attention so I headed to the group,

"Get off her and take a hint, she doesn't want you." The group of guys turned to me and so did the two girls, "Do you need me to sign this to you, are you deaf? Go bother someone else." I put my sleeves up lightly exposing my tattooed arms, one of the guys looked at them and scrambled away, followed by his friends. 

I turned my attention to the girls who were drunk and didn't seem to have registered half of what happened, "I think that's your cue to say thank you". The red dress girl turned to me and tiptoed until she reached my ear, "Thank you, I suppose", she let out a giggle and continued to dance with a friend, so I decided to walk away and sit back at the bar. I took out my phone and saw my partner had found Kelvin's allies, they were going to be brought here when the club closes so I can deal with them. 

I looked up again and saw the two girls from earlier try to walk out but neither seemed very stable so I decided to follow them and watch over what they might do. A car with an Uber logo pulled up and they both got in, I got on my motorcycle and followed the car from afar as it dropped off the friend at a university campus. I'll have to take note of that, but the other girl didn't seem to get off, so I kept following until it pulled into an apartment complex's parking lot. 

She finally got off and thanked the driver before practically tripping over her feet to access the stairs. I took my helmet off, and watched as she reached the second floor and started to walk to get to her door, "she's going to trip over the fucking railing, this girl.." I muttered to myself, amazed at how drunk she was.  

I put my bike's stance out, and when I looked back up, she was facing another man, another very familiar man who seemed to want nothing good from her