𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘬 𝘴𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 - 04

❝ 𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐑𝐀𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐙 𝐕𝐎𝐒 𝐃É𝐅𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐒, 𝐂𝐀𝐑 𝐈𝐋𝐒 𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐌È𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 À 𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐄 𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐄𝐙 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐒

𝐌È𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐎𝐍𝐓 À 𝐃𝐄𝐒 𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐑𝐎𝐈𝐓𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐄 𝐕𝐎𝐔𝐒 𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐄𝐙 𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐁𝐋𝐄𝐒... ❞

 Embrace your faults, for they will lead you to places you never thought possible...

<->

THE LARGE MECHANICAL CLOCK on the wall, with its shiny brass gears and antique pendulum, ticked relentlessly, marking off each passing second with an ominous and relentless metallic click. Despite the steady passage of time, each second felt like a lifetime, like a never-ending loop of misery and despair. Every tick seemed to draw the day out longer, like the hands of a clock that had lost its purpose.

Yvette slammed her hand down on the wooden expanse of her desk with a heavy thump, the sharp sound echoing through the room and breaking the tension in the air. She let out a low groan, an expression of the frustration that had been building within her ever since last night when Marquis Louis had broken the news about Devera; the missing Melusine, the "person" she had been searching for years. Her grip on the desk tightened, her fingernails digging into the wood, as she let out another despairing sound. She couldn't believe it. All her plans, all her years of searching, had suddenly become even more daunting. It was as if the universe was trying to undermine her every move, and she was starting to wonder if she would ever find the melusine.

She buried her head in her hands, a sense of hopelessness washing over her. Her search for the Melusine had become a part of her, an integral part of finding her true identity and the reason it kept itching her like bed bug bites, and now it seemed like it was all for nothing.

The clock on the wall, a reminder of the steady passage of time, ticked on, a constant reminder that time was running out.

Yvette's face contorted in frustration as she let out a loud curse under her breath. "Argh! Archons, dammit!" She gritted her teeth, brushing back her green hair in irritation.

A man with purple hair held up a folder, a document from the missing Melusine in his hand. "I found a copy of the documents," Vincent said, handing the folder over to her. "It says that Devera went missing 19 years ago, right after the Hot-Blooded Inferno. There was no trace of her after she disappeared..."

Yvette took the file and ran her fingers over the words, feeling like she was right back where she started, no closer to finding the Melusine than she was all those years ago. She let out a deep breath, feeling defeated and unsure of what to do next.

"It says that Devera went missing 19 years ago after..." Her voice softened repeating his words, "The Hot-Blooded Inferno. There was no trace of her after she disappeared." Yvette slammed her fist down on the desk again, this time in anger. "I'm back to where I started!" She exclaimed, her frustration rising to almost unbearable levels, clenching the papers tightly which tiny crumpled the ends.