Chapter Two: Breaking Deceptions

Morning came quicker than it was expected to. Last night was a blur for (Y/n). Almost. She thought it was a dream, whatever she heard and agreed to mindlessly last night. Perhaps, the consumption of too much alcohol had made a haze in her mind. This was the thought in her mind even before her eyes cracked out before immediately closing again when the sunlight dared to make it's entrance on her face directly. A grunt escaped her lips as she turned over in her bed. My head hurts...

The memories of last night's meeting with Carter's father rushed into her mind and she found herself more awake. So it wasn't a dream...? She shook her head at the thought and cracked open her eyes as she layed on her other side. Much to her horror and shock, she wasn't alone in bed, it seemed.

Because surely, she lived alone and those twin purple eyes didn't belong to her.

Oliver was laying beside her like it was his own bed, his head laying on his hand as he hummed a quiet tone. His purple eyes flickered up to hers as her form was still comprehending his presence. He saw her expressions and his thin lips dissolved into a cunning smirk. "Hi, sweetheart. Did you enjoy our session last night?" The bastard had the audacity to reach out to fiddle with a strand of her hair.

"What—" She kicked him straight in his stomach as he fell off the bed with a yelp. "What the hell are you doing in my bed, a**hole?!" She reached out to throw another pillow to his crumpled form on the ground. He looked up with a groan, throwing the pillow back which she swiftly caught in her hands, glaring down at him from the bed.

"Don't hit me! You know connections get weaker if you're injured!" He hissed, standing up. She eyed his crumpled clothes and messy hair with a suspecting look. He rolled his eyes at whatever she was thinking. "I didn't do anything...unless you wanted me to—"

"Get out!" She pointed towards the door with her finger, a scathing look in her eyes as he scowled back. "What the hell are you doing here?!" He ignored her as he stood up and dusted his clothes off before sending her a straight look.

"Well, I took you to your home back after you acted like a whiny brat in the bar. Found the guestroom locked and obviously, my standards are too high to sleep on a couch so I stole your bed...and you." He muttered the last sentence low, making her throw another pillow towards him which he, unfortunately, caught this time.

"Do you have any shame, Oliver?" She shook her head.

He shrugged with a bright grin as he kept a hand on his chin and pretended to think. "Hm...yes, I am a very shy person indeed." He tilted his head at her annoyed look and took that as a welcome to tease her more. "Aww. Don't glare at me like that. It hurts to see those pretty eyes—" He was cut off by her.

"If you don't get up and make breakfast, I'm gonna assign you the task of giving reports to Carter for a whole month!" The classic threat. Only she was capable enough to deal with Carter since his bossy attitude would make one pissed off. So at the end, she never gave anyone that task.

As expected, his grin turned downward as a look of distaste entered in his purple eyes. "Damn. Me and that guy never got along. He starts cursing everytime he sees me..." He clicked his tongue as he remembered the one time he was assigned that task. It was safe to say that Oliver never wanted to see Carter again after that.

His eyes suddenly lit up as a genius idea came to his mind. "Maybe he's gay for me—"

"I'd pity him then." She scoffed, getting out of the bed as he backed away a little. "Out. I have to change." She nodded towards the door. She stifled a sigh at his mischievous look.

"Can I—"

"Out before I shove this lamp on your face." Her hand began to reach towards the lamp sitting on the table for emphasis before he raised his hands in surrender, backing away towards the door.