IX

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐀 could remember before going unconscious was the shadow of Carl

So she was naturally confused when she woke up on the floor, laying on some pillows with a flannel covering her.

"Carl?" She thought out loud. 

The boy looked visibly relieved to hear her tired voice and looked her way immediately. 

"Priscilla? You're awake?" His voice sounded like he needed some rest, but almost desperate too. It also sounded raspy, like he had just been doing a lot of screaming.

"Looks like it. I could be hallucinating. Or you." She joked. He chuckled a little bit. "See, I'm already making you laugh."

He instantly tried to mask his laughter with a serious face, "Shut up. You need to get rest, you were literally shot, Pris." 

Without warning, drops of blood coated her slightly baggy black sweatpants. 

"Shit.." She realised. "Do you have bandages?"

"Huh?" He didn't know what was happening, clueless. "Oh god. I think so, give me a second."

"Thanks.." She trailed off, trying not to scream in pain.

"Should I..?" He asked awkwardly.

"Please, I honestly don't think I can move much."

With that, he rolled up her trousers to the middle of her thigh and bandaged it up before rolling it back down with little difficulty.

"Thanks. How's Rick?" She wanted to change the subject.

Carl looked over to his father with sadness and anger, maybe even regret. "I don't know." He whispered.

Just as she was about to try and comfort him, the door rattled. 

Priscilla flinched and attempted to stand up whilst leaning on her friend.

She stumbled to the end of the room and picked up a broom, putting her weight onto that whilst waiting for him to open the door.

"Well?" She waited.

"The front."

She limped behind him to the front door and circled around to the back of the house.

A small part of her hoped that it was just a raccoon, and her and the boy next to her would just go back into the house to see everybody from the prison there, eating a nice dinner. Judith would be whining on Beth's lap and Eugene would be saying something annoyingly smart, Maggie and Glenn would be attached at the hip and Daryl would be out hunting whilst Carol would already be making something.

But none of that was true.

Judith was probably dead, Beth was missing, Maggie and Glenn were separated, Eugene probably hadn't even looked for Priscilla, Daryl was most likely not dead but he was definitely lonely and Carol was also probably alive but on her own.