Chapter 7

(Pls re-read the previous chap)

"Good morning students." The principal greeted and a low murmur of 'good morning' was mumbled her way.

"I said good morning students!" She repeated sternly.

"Good morning ma." Everyone chorused louder this time.

It's obvious everybody want to get done with this assembly ASAP. No one seems to appreciate the vitamin D coming from the sun this morning.

"Much acceptable". She retorted.  "As you all are aware the SSS3 has started their SSCE exam, i'll urge you all to make the school condusive  for them to write and study for their papers, meaning i want absolute decorum to be exercise in all classes." She paused a bit and no one made a comment.

"Their hands are full at the moment and the teachers and i have come to a conclusion that it's time for  re-selection of new prefects and for that everybody will be involved." Then she faced my class directly.

"SSS2 when you get home today, i'll want you to write down your desired post and why you feel you deserved it. Drop it in the suggestion box tomorrow morning, the teachers and i will take a look at it thereafter we'll print and paste your names and your aspired post on the notice board for the juniors to see."

Is it me or all this process is getting too long.

"The juniors then will now write down who they see fit for each position you want according to what's on the notice board and drop it in the suggestion box, again, we'll take a look at the juniors opinions and act on everything including our own personal judgement on the posts..... all for the betterment of the school."

Opporr!

"Do you all understand the instructions?" She asked.

"Yes ma!!!" We chorused again.

Thank God we're finally done!

"And yes........ " She continued just when i thought all this was over.

Doesn't her throat hurt from talking so much??

"I have being hearing and receving a lot of notes from the suggestion box requesting the school uniform be changed to it's previous; the answer is  NO- so stop wasting precious notes and pen ink on the matter, i'll have you know things are expensive this days."

This woman!!

"You're dismissed."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The first subject we had after assembly was math and it ended a minute ago.

We're all preparing for the next class. Zoya had even left the class the minute the math class was over. She has gone to the lab for chemistry. Typical science student.

I was preparing to go for my  literature class.

Haven't told you yet but i'm an art student aspiring to become a lawyer in the near future.

After getting everything needed for my next class, i got up to leave the class but before that.............

"Victor". I called once i reached his desk.

He looked up and raised a brow confused. " I thought i told you to stop.... "

"I know". I interrupted him. " But please let's talk when you're less busy". The economics teacher entered at that moment for the commerce student and apparently, Victor is in commerce class so i took that as a cue to leave.