Chapter 14 - House Hunting

Lorelai sat at the kitchen table reading a magazine.she was waiting for Rory to finish getting ready for school so they could eat the breakfast Luke had already prepared them before he left. She was wearing the larger pump.

Finally Rory exited her bedroom. "Morning babe" Lorelai said closing the magazine, jolting when Rory dumped her bag on the chair. "Geese did you smuggle a library in there?" She remarked "chemistry test" Rory muttered grabbing the plates, some coffee and sat down. "I need to ask you a question" lorelai started.
"Okay..."
"How would you feel if we moved house, when it was just you and me this place was perfect but with Luke and the twins we need more space."
"It is cramped" Rory agreed.
"Nothings certain yet. We both agreed to stay in Stars Hollow so you will still go to Chilton and be able to see Lane. If you are happy we will start to have a proper look into a new house for a fresh start" lorelai explained watching Rory carefully after a few minutes with lorelai getting worried due to her silence Rory spoke.
"It's a good idea. We have a new family now. So a new house would be ideal so there is plenty of personal space. My only request is can we have a library?" Rory questioned innocently her doe eyes pleading with her mother. Lorelai chuckled relieved.
"I'm sure we can work something out. Finish your breakfast so you're not late."

After the usual ordeal of trying to get Rory to pack less books into her bag the kid was off to school leaving Lorelai alone with the twins.

First things first she headed to the kitchen to empty the pumps not expecting much. Therefore when she pulled the containers out seeing them full to the brim it was understandable that she gasped in shock. Quickly getting over it she had the milk stored ready for bottles later on in the day. Just in time as the sound of cries shattered the silence. She dealt with the diapers and got them into clean sleepers before settling on the bed. She took her top off and using some pillows got both latched to a breast. Amazed she watching in awe as they got their fill. After filling two full bottles she could still feel milk. Emma dribbled a little as well.

Afterwards Lorelai attempted to put them down in their bassinet in the living room however Emma cried when lorelai put her down. For once Katie was content to go to sleep on her own but Emma kept crying.While her cries died somewhat they didn't stop fully so using the normal tactic for Katie, she took her top off again before picking the girl up undressing her fully before laying her against her chest. Sighing in relief when the girl was content to snuggle just under her breasts. Carefully Lorelai stood and started to get on with cleaning. Singing softly as she went. Tho she stayed upstairs to prevent Babette from spying.

Once she was done she grabbed the wrap, put a diaper on Emma's bare bottom after having been weed on a few times. And did the same with Katie before getting both babies comfortable in the wrap snuggled against a breast. She had just finished securing everything when the phone rang.
"Lorelai! Great news" the sound of the estate agent greeted her
"Hello" she replied
"I have found three properties for sale in Stars Hollow which would suit your needs."
"That's great"
"Are you available today to come and have a look" after confirming she was she called Luke who quickly drove home before they all headed off to go and have a look. Tho she did have to get dressed along with the twins but thankfully they were happy as long as they were in the carrier. Before they walked over to meet her at the first house which was only 3 minutes away.

The house was blue cladding with white shutters. It had a small porch. They weren't blown away. Inside was a decent sized open plan kitchen diner, a small but cosy living room with an equal sized playroom. Upstairs one first floor had 3 double Bedrooms, two of which shared a Jack and Jill bathroom while their was another family bathroom on the same floor. The 2nd floor or agric conversion had the master suite. With walk in closets and a large bathroom designed for two to share romantic moments. They didn't hate it but they didn't love it either.

The second wasn't much better though it did also have a at home office and larger garage.

The third though. The exterior paint colour was horrible but that could be fixed. It was bright red with white shutters, a large wrap around porch framed the entrance to the house. Large double doors let in lots of light to the entry way. A downstairs bathroom and stairs leading upstairs and to the basement were the first things you'd see. On one side again was the large kitchen diner with picture windows showing the view of the lake. The living room had a wall of floor to celling windows with a window seat and added storage underneath. The last thing was a small utility room. The basement had a at home office, playroom and games/theatre room.

Upstairs was 5 double bedrooms which would leave 4 if you include the library Rory wanted. Similar to the first the master bedroom was a suite on the 2nd floor with a large bathroom and walk in wardrobe.

Instantly they knew the house for them.
"We'll take it" Luke stated they put the offer in that very moment.