Chapter 8

RILEY'S P.O.V

"Haha. This is a joke. Stop doing that fingers tapping thing, bro."

"What?" I chined up. "What fingers tapping thing?"

"Connor meant texting." Toby chuckled.

"Damn you can just say texting instead." I kept my phone back to pocket. "Done?"

"Better." Connor nodded. "Who you're texting?"

"Does that include an interview?" I rolled my eyes.

"The answer is Arina." Toby whispered.

"Heeeey you little puppy eyes!" I threw my pillow at him.

"Right? I'm right, right?" Toby asked innocently.

"Apparently." Connor stared at me. "What's it with the girl?"

"Daily checking." I replied in short. "Gosh, why bother checking on me guys?"

"Because you're checking her, so we're checking on you?" Toby being a complete dork.

"Shush. Get some sleep." I turned off my headbed light.

"Arina..." Connor teased.

"Arina..." Toby whispered too.

"Holy guacamole." I groaned. "Don't do harmonies right now."

"Hey dude. You know what? I think you should call her." Connor half-sat staring at me from his bed.

"I have."

"One step closer... One step clooooooser..." Toby sang that Christina Perri's song horribly.

"No I mean really work on it. Cmon you've showed enough. There's something bothering. Right?" Connor now seriously sat up straight.

"Yeah kind of." I followed his gesture. This is what happens when the hotel let us sleep together in the same room. "There's a guy who hurts her heart."

"And you don't like it." Toby continued my words.

"Of course." I glared at him.

"Name?" Connor asked.

"Scott, something. I don't remember she mentioned the last name."

"Well that's interesting. What did this dude do to her?" Toby now being serious, finally.

"Funny that I care about this, but she said this Scott guy once asked her out. Then suddenly lef her like that because he's nominated for the prom and thinks Arina couldn't match his game..."

I stopped explaining for a while. It felt hurt. Something was pushed against my chest. I could feel her broken heart. It took me back to the memory of that girl who left me in a matter of three days, just at the time when I started thinking she's the one. Arina should feel the same way about Scott. It might sound ridiculous to people, they would ask you to simply move on, but I know how uneasy it is.

"Some people with their crap." Toby whispered.

"Language, buddy." Connor reminded him.

"Mom's not here! Hey I'm 17 anyway." He looked at us both. I didn't give any expression except to agree with what Connor said. "Alright alright. Language malfunction."

"Hahahaha..."

Yeah we kicked Toby with some pillows.

"Back to topic. How's she doing now?" Connor was serious again.

"I'm not sure. Last time we texted she assured me she's okay. I don't buy it. She sounds different from the last fight I unfortunately had to witness at her school."