Chapter 41: Come

"This is. . ."

"Sad isn't it?" You said as you stood on a branch high up in the air where no Titan could possibly reach you Even if they wanted to they should be worried about you than Frieda be worried about the Titans.

Frieda clutched onto your arms for her own safety not wanting to fall down. Though it would've been funny if she did accidentally slip on your watch. I would get the beating of your life from her.

But you shouldn't have been thinking that this was amusing because the situation before you most certainly did not fit that description.

"I think we should leave. . ." Frieda muttered tugging on your sleeve.

She wasn't wrong for wanting to leave and that we did.

After a few travels, you managed to find yourself in a place of nostalgia. I hadn't set foot in this place for years.

"This is Wall Rose. It looks. . ."

"Sad?"

Frieda nodded her head clutching onto your hand. "These people don't deserve this treatment."

"There's nothing we can do about it." You muttered as Frieda dug her head onto my chest.

"But there is." She answered looking up at me.

"What would that be?"

She paused for a moment. Hesitant at first to tell me. "That plan of yours."

"It's impossible."

"Why?" She peered into my eyes.

"It means I would have to use you, and I don't want to do that."

"I know. . . It's just hard having to see people like this because of my family." She sighed looking at the kids in their ragged clothes playing games with one another.

"That's why I love you." I ruffled her hair. "But don't feel guilty about it, they're doing this for you. Besides I'm doing this for you."

It was amazing to think how long we had been together through all our hardships and struggles. We had practically seen everything together.

PHSOOH!

You saw a kick that was coming to you from a mile away. Whoever this person was, they were sloppy with their movements, to say the least.

You didn't even need to worry about Frieda to take this person down. You grabbed their leg holding it firmly to the the point where they wouldn't even be able to move.

As you got a chance to see who it was.

"You're reaction time has improved."

"Yours has gotten worse. . . Annie." You smiled realising your grip on her leg.

Despite her showing little to no reaction, you could tell she was hurting from it.

"Hey!" Frieda smiled cheerfully as she extended her hand out.

Annie gave a good look at her and slowly her eyes widened. "She's the founding Titan. She's the one we've been searching for." Annie reached out for her but you were quick to stop her grabbing her hand.

"Touch her and you'll be asleep for a long time." You glared at her.

Annie knew what was the best way to survive this situation and it was to keep her mouth shut and not resist.

With that, you went off with Frieda as you had more important matters to attend to.

"(Y/N)!" Hange took immediate notice of your arrival as she was the first to pounce giving you a great big old hug. Almost crushing you.

Her eyes even grew more in delight as she saw Frieda. "You are amazing as ever! How are the kids?"

"They're doing fine thank you!" Frieda knew how to return the energy.

You could see why they got along so much. After all, they were both bubbly and happy people.

As they continued their conversation with one another Mike managed to sneakily stand beside me without noticing. That rarely ever happened to you.

He put you in a headlock ruffling your hair. Great he always seemed to love doing this to you. Every time he saw you he would be doing it. But you knew he was doing it out of love.

If anything you saw him as a brother.

"How's my little warrior doing?" He smiled happily at the sight of you.

You rolled your eyes, "little? I'm married and I have two kids."

"You're still that fresh recruit when I first met you."

Now that brought back some good memories.

"How's the family doing?"

You smiled brightly, "We're doing great." You leaned in a bit closer making sure no one heard this. "A third one is coming."

"A third!" Mike said louder than expected. Thankfully no one heard it. "A third one? You two really know how to have some fun."

You raised my hands in surrender. "I'm not the one that initiates the fun." I pointed over at her, "She is."

You weren't joking at all when you said it. Every chance Frieda got to have "fun with you." She would take it with no hesitation.

Besides she had you all to herself now. It was sort of catching up.

You weren't called humanity's greatest soldier for no reason. You had to put some use to that title of yours.

Despite the amount of fun that you were having catching up and spending time with Mike, you still couldn't help to wonder why you were brought here in the first place.

They didn't bring you here to have a fun and lovely conversation as much as you would love that to be the case of it all.

"Why I am here Mike?"

"It's beca-"

"It's because the Female Titan has appeared from the shadows." Erwin walked out to what seemed like the shadow. With him, your cousin Levi was there.

Levi gave you a soft smile that no one else noticed effort for you.

You were glad to receive it. You rarely ever happened to see it.

"So why did you call out a retired member then?" You chuckled looking at Erwin.

"Simple," Erwin said as slowly pointed to you. "I want you to be my second in command again."

You were not expecting that at all. You looked over to Frieda who was just as confused as you.

Now that was one hell of a plot twist.