Chapter 3 - Changing my Futute State

Today was Saturday in the afternoon.

*Honks*

I watched the busy streets filled with many travelling vehicles and people walking outside the transparent glass.

*Taps*

As I slowly became more impatient, I began tapping the outside layer of the glass I was drinking using my nails.

*Chatters*

*Chimes*

I could hear the footsteps and the loud voices of the people who just entered the cafe.

My eyes instinctively trailed down to follow the droplets of moistures that fell down from the cold glass.

"..."

We were supposed to meet here at the cafe for a group project but...

'Just where are they?'

I furiously stared at the one signal bar written on the top of my phone.

'Why is the internet so slow today?!'

As I glared intensely at my phone, my eyes lit up when I saw how the signal bar suddenly went up.

Soon after that, it was followed by numerous vibration notifications from my phone.

*Buzz*

*Buzzz*

*Buzzzz*

My forehead creased as I read the messages sent by our leader in the group chat.

**I'm really sorry. There's an emergency right now. So I'm gonna have to cancel our group meet.**

**It's okay pres, we still haven't arrived yet.**

I stared at messages that were sent an hour ago and couldn't help but face palmed.

"Jesus Christ..."

*Sighs*

'Perks of being too early.'

I slowly stand up from the table and grabbed my bag before I head out.

Once I got out from the cafe, I was met with the usual polluted air coming from the vehicles as well as the noises of industrial inventions.

"I should just go to the library."

Now that I got more free time today, I decided to go there since it was just a walking distance from where I was.

*Steps*

*Beeep*

While walking along the side walk, I met eyes with an old woman selling on the side of the street.

She smiled at me so I smiled back at her.

I was about to pass by when something caught my eyes.

I stopped to look at it with curiosity building inside me.

"You have a nice taste, miss."

The nice old lady commented while still smiling.

I slowly touched the book that had an elegant cover with a tint of antiquity.