Chapter 4 - New Sister?

"Do I have to state the obvious for you..?" as soon as I spoke those words, I held my head high with authority while staring at the maid.

An awkward silence filled the air as I felt my back itch from standing too straight.

It must have been because I was always a person with a bad posture and likes to crouch my back all the time.

How long is this maid going to stare at me dumb-foundedly??

My neck is seriously aching right now, can't they see how high I have to look up here?

Hello??

I tried to stop my eyes from twitching but then my forehead uncontrollably creased before I noticed it.

Seeing the creased in my forehead, she immediately replied.

"Huh..? Uh... Right! Of course, my lady!" she spoked in loud volume.

As soon as I heard her loud cheerful voice, I felt my ear drums almost exploding.

'Totally the opposite of my personality.'

'She's too high spirited.'

Touching my ears slightly, I ordered her to come in.

"Come in." I said still maintaining my composure and elegant demeanor.

"Yes, my lady." she immediately complied and closed the door as soon as she entered.

*Clink*

When I heard the door closed, I controlled my irritated face as I look at her who was smiling ear to ear brimming with positivity.

My face couldn't stop but squirm a bit in uncomfortable manner after seeing her weird smiling face. Witnessing such expression, it made her grin even wider than before.

"My lady seems to be in high spirit today." she cheerfully spoke in a very formal demeanor.

My face crumpled as soon as I heard her statement.

'Aren't you talking about yourself?'

Realizing that responding isn't the best choice in this scenario. I didn't bother to respond anymore and let her do her job as she slowly undress me.

'This is why I could never be friends with extroverts...'

"What kind of scent would you like today, my lady?" she spoke with her usual high toned voice after completely removing my night gown.

"Anything. I don't care." I spoke nonchalantly as my eyes hung in boredom.

Realizing my bored expression, she immediately brought out a conversation.

"Today's scent is exported from the Teram Kingdom. It is said that the petals came from Ostrearae flower, which is known for its sweet scent and can smoothen the skin..."

The conversation didn't poke my interest so my mind immediately filtered out her words. I felt my eyes slowly passing through the wall and into the bubble of my own imagination.

'I'm at an age where I probably won't even need to care about having "smooth skin" or whatever...'

"..."

"My lady? Was that too boring?" the maid noticed how quiet I was and immediately noticed my boredom.

"..."