Chapter 06: Mike

Dear Mike, We may not have always gotten along

Dear Mike,
We may not have always gotten along. In fact I think you probably hated me for the ways I acted and how Nancy changed after getting to know me. But now that I look back on that time, I can't help but think about how stupid we were. If we only toke time to get to know each other we would have been able to get along a lot earlier then we did. But also, I think having that difference to start with only makes us closer now. You always make me laugh with no fail. All your crazy ideas. Not to mention the way you talk about El melts my heart. I'm so happy you guys found each other, you deserve each other. You both deserve to be happy. This goes without saying if you hurt her I will kill you. (Or if I'm no longer here because Vecna successes I will come back and haunt you). Not being able to get hold of any of you up in Cali is really freaking me out. I really hope you guys are okay, and you get this. Because if these are my last words to you... I just want to thank you. Thank you for being the little brother I never wanted but now couldn't imagine my life without.
Love,
Blakeley <3

~~~~~

"We need to find a way to get Blakeley back." Mike says.
"All that can be done right now has been done. It's all up to Blakeley now." Hopper says.
"There has to be something else we can do." Harper says.
"Blakeley was important to all of us. Sorry is." Mike says.
"There's nothing more that can be done." Hopper says. "As the doctor has said. We just have to wait and hope that she wakes up."
"She risked her lives for all of us, so many times. She came close to death so many times. She can't actually leave us all now, right? Not after everything that we've all been through together." Lucas says.
"I wish I could say your right. But you know what happened to Chrissy, Fred, Patrick, Eddie, Billy, Barb, Bob." Nancy says. "Vecna's a monster who caused all those deaths and many more. He won't stop until he's taken everything." Nancy says.
"I think Vecna still has Blakeley." Eleven announces.
"What?" Steve asks.
"When I went into the void to see her, I couldn't find her. She wasn't in her own mind. Which can only mean her body's alive, but Vecna still has her soul and her mind." Eleven explains.
The group all look down trying to come to terms with the news they had just learnt.

~~~~~

"What are you guys laughing at?" Nancy asks, walking into the basement of her house to find her brother and best friend laughing their heads off, Harper sitting at the desk the other side of the room.
"Mikes exposing stories from when you were younger." Harper says.
"Mike!" Nancy says.
"Nance, come on. Their cute. Don't be angry at him." Blakeley tells her.
"What stories exactly has he told you?" Nancy asks.
"I told her about that time you tried to sneak out and mom caught you, leading to you being grounded. The way you nearly fell out the window when mom burst into the room was hilarious." Mike says.
"Remember the story you told me about when she peed her pants on that rollercoaster?" Blakeley asks, pointing to Mike, who covers his mouth laughing.
"That was Ages ago." Nancy says.
"It was last year." Mike says.
"It was a scary ride, okay?" Nancy snaps back.
"It was literally a ride for Holly's age. It was a baby ride." Mike says.
"Okay, you guys are annoying and I'm going." Nancy says. "Harps, you coming? We can go get milkshakes and leave these two to whatever their doing."
"Yes please." Harper says, letting out a sigh of relief before following Nancy up the stairs.

Blakeley walks out of the mall, watching as Harper,  Max and Eleven get on the bus, once they were on Blakeley turns to Mike, Will and Lucas.
"Did I hear that correctly? You've lied to El?" Blakeley asks.
"How did you hear that?" Mike asks, scared because he knew how protective over Eleven Blakeley was.
"Doesn't matter. Why did you lie to her?" Blakeley questions.
"Uhm..." Mike says, looking to Will and Lucas for help.
"He lied because I asked him not to tell anyone, but it's my nana who's sick, and Mike has been helping me." Lucas says.
"Yeah." Mike says.
"Really boys? You know I always now when someone's lying. You know I'm a master at it." Blakeley says. "So want to tell me what's going on?"
"Uhm..." Mike says again.
"Will, Lucas,  give me and Mike a moment, please." Blakeley says, causing the two boys to nod.
"Good luck." Will whispers to Mike,  as him and Lucas leave.
"What's going on, Mike?" Blakeley asks, once the other go had left.
"Hopper threatened me." Mike says.
"What?" Blakeley asks.
"Nothing bad, just you know, how an overprotective dad would threaten his daughters boyfriend." Mike says.
"And your not telling El this because...?" Blakeley asks.
"Because she doesn't need to hate Hopper as well." Mike says.
"You're a good one, Mike. Really good." Blakeley says, causing Mike to smile lightly.

"God, You're so annoying!" Nancy shouts, walking into her room with her brother closely behind her.
"What happened?" Blakeley asks, from where she was sitting on Nancy's bed.
"Mike and his friends have been hogging the basement all night!" Nancy says.
"You knew we would be down there for a long time." Mike replies. "DND takes a long time."
"He has got a point Nance." Blakeley says.
"I think that's the first time you've sided with me. Screw that, I know it's the first time you have ever sided with me." Mike says, causing Blakeley to sigh.
"Yeah, well... don't get use to it." Blakeley replies, causing Mike to roll his eyes.

"We've been through a lot that means last couple of years, haven't we?" Mike says.
Blakeley and Mike were sat at the Wheeler's dinning room table, while Nancy and Karen were in the kitchen getting dinner ready. Blakeley was going of to college the week after, so this would be her last meal with the Wheeler family.
"We definitely have. But I wouldn't change it for the world." Blakeley admits. "It may have not been the best, and all of us may have nearly died multiple times, me actually silting briefly. But, it's still brought us all closer together. And if doing it again meant we would be this close forever, I wouldn't hesitate to do it all again for second."
"You're thinking exactly what I'm thinking." Mike says, with a smile.
Blakeley looks back at him with a smile as she slightly nods.
"Right." Blakeley agrees.
Before long Blakeley and the Wheeler family were sat down for their last meal all together for a little while.

~~~~~