0.2

As it turns out, fake dating Yunjin involves a lot of those kinds of confusing interactions. One minute she'll be teasing Chaewon about how fat Shiro looks in the picture she's set as her phone wallpaper, and the next she'll be wordlessly sliding her side dishes across the table so Chaewon can take her pick as they eat.

They're on their way back from another dinner date where she'd done as much and then finally, blessedly let Chaewon pay when a breeze kicks up strongly and leaves Chaewon shuddering in her spring cardigan. Yunjin spots her hunched posture and slides her jacket off, carefully wrapping it around Chaewon's shoulders.

She must be staring a little too peculiarly, because Yunjin glances at her twice more and then raises an eyebrow.

"What?"

"It just occurs to me, jagi, that you might make a better fake girlfriend than friend," Chaewon teases, adopting a sickly-sweet tone as she pronounces the pet name.

Yunjin rolls her eyes. "Maybe I'm just awesome at everything I do."

"Our last three Mario Kart tournaments beg to differ," Chaewon says, sliding her arms into the sleeves of Yunjin's jacket before the girl can take it back out of spite. It's still warm from Yunjin's body heat.

"You are so gonna eat your words when we get back to the dorm," Yunjin warns. Chaewon can't help but crack a smile at her narrowed eyes.

"Will my pretend girlfriend be spoon-feeding them to me?" she smarts, and then runs away before Yunjin can grab a hold of her and spin her around the way she knows the taller girl wants to.

-

Yunjin gets her revenge with a string of victories that night, but because she's cruel and excessive, the punishment extends into their next practice date. Technically speaking, Chaewon was the one to propose a movie date, but Yunjin jumped at the opportunity to see the latest Chucky movie. It did not matter how many times Chaewon protested. She still ended up here, in a squeaky theater chair, bowl of popcorn in her hands half empty from all the times she's already jumped in response to the movie.

"You are such a scaredy-cat," Yunjin breathe-laughs into her hair, as Chaewon has taken to simply burrowing herself into Yunjin's shoulder. Chaewon lets out a noise caught between a whimper and a whine.

"I told you I didn't want to see this."

She can't see the screen but she can hear screams and then metallic slashing, and she flinches at the implications. Yunjin jostles her a bit in order to wrap her arm around her body; Chaewon burrows a little closer.

"Don't worry, jagi," she throws back, a tad smug, "you've got a big bad lion to protect you."

Chaewon huffs a laugh. "That is not encouraging at all, as I know from personal experience how soft you actually are."

"I'm sorry, which one of us can't even look at the screen right now?" Yunjin returns. When Chaewon peeks up at her, though, she's looking right back – not at the screen at all.

"Just because I'm softer doesn't mean you aren't also soft," she explains. Then another sound effect booms through the theater, and she squeezes her eyes closed in response. Yunjin tightens her hold on her.

"If it came down to it, I would totally chop some heads off to protect you," Yunjin says quietly.

Logically, Chaewon knows that Yunjin probably means it in the way that they are best friends who would do anything for each other, but if she looks at the other girl's face it'll be confirmed, so she simply tucks her head against Yunjin's neck – buries it in the sand – and mumbles, "Okay."