Chapter 1 -- Seijoh?!

a/n: I'm sorry I'm changing a lot but coach Ukai is already here and the toupee incident never happened. The story will start in the first practice for the team.

Haruki POV:

I was walking with Suga-senpai and Daichi-senpai to the gym when we heard a lot of screaming so we burst in only to see the first years arguing.

"I knew all beanpoles were idiots!" Shoyo-san yells.

"Hey! Tsukki's smart, you're the idiot!" Yama-san yells back.

"Urusai Tadashi" Tsukki-san deadpans.

"Stop trying to shut Tadashi up." Tobio-kun says right in Tsukki-san's face.

"AH!! Captain." Shoyo-san yells making the other first years stop talking.

"Good." Daichi-senpai says bluntly as all 3 of us walk in.

The rest of the team comes in as Ukai starts talking.

"You will be playing against each other so Haru will be choosing the teams" Ukai says while looking at me.

"Haru-senpai! Put me in a good team!" Shoyo-san cheerfully says to me.

"Um... The first team will have Daichi-senpai, Tobio-kun, Ennoshita-san, Tsukki-san, Kinoshita-san and Nishinoya-san." I say quietly but I know they all heard me.

"So shrimpy doesn't get his royal setter~ " Tsukki-san smirks as he lets out that statement.

"Then the other team will have Suga-senpai, Asahi-senpai, Shoyo-san, Yama-san, Narita-san, and Tanaka-san" I say while looking at my notebook.

"Everyone on the first team go get a jersey." Ukai says while pointing to a stack of jerseys.

I start writing things down in my notebook before someone approaches me.

"Haru-senpai?" Tobio-kun asks me.

"Yes Tobio-kun?" I reply looking up from my notebook.

"Did you separate me and Hinata on purpose?" Tobio-kun asks while looking at my notebook.

I close up my notebook then respond, "Yes I did, I wanted to see who would win and I wanted to see how you both comply"

"And, did you put me with Tsukishima for that same reason?" He asks me again.

"Seeing as you 2 never get along, yes I did" I reply then continue, "You should get with your team and warm up."

"Alright Haru-senpai!" Tobio-kun chirps as he goes to the other 5 members of his team.

The practice matches go smoothly with a completely even tie every match. I wrote down all the results and possible improvements in my notebook then looked over to coach Ukai.

"We really do need actual practice matches" He tells me as I agree.

"It would be helpful coach." I say as I take another look in my notebook.

As we continue talking, the others wrap up the matches and the doors bust open with Takeda-sensei busting through with a piece of paper.

"I got us a practice match!" Takeda-sensei says as he gets up.

"With who?" Coach asks him eagerly.

"One of the top 4 in the prefecture!" Takeda-sensei cheers.

I started thinking; One of them would be too cocky to agree to a small team like us, 2 of them are quite far away from our school so that leaves Seijoh.

"Aoba Johsai or the one they nickname 'Seijoh' but they said Kageyama must play setter for the whole match." Takeda-sensei explains.

"Sensei? Can I see that?" I say as he hands me the paper.

I take a look at the paper and it gives us their lineup. This wouldn't be helpful to anyone but me since I know how the previous players for Kitagawa Daiichi played and I did extended research on powerhouse players all over the country. I see the lineup and am quite surprised to see that Oikawa-senpai doesn't go on until the last set. The rest of the lineup doesn't shake me up all too much so I'm confident that we'll win. The team keeps talking for a while as I text Iwa-senpai.

_____

Haru: Hey senpai? Why is Oikawa-senpai only coming on in the last set?

Iwa: Idiot injured his ankle so he can't play for more than 10 minutes and has to stay at the nurse's office

Haru: Okie! Bye senpai, see you tomorrow!

Iwa: Bye Haru

a/n: I know this is off again but the practice match will be the next day

_____

Word count: 745