Chapter 2 -- Catching Up Over Boba

On the bus, I was reviewing information I've collected on their lineup until I heard Tanaka-san screaming. Apparently, Shoyo-san puked on him so when the bus stopped I helped the both of them clean up and the whole team walked around the campus to find the gym. I heard 2 people around the corner talking about the team and I recognized one of them as Taro-kun ( Kindaichi because his first name is Yuutaro ).

"All I remember about them is solid receives, decent spikes, and their manager is really pretty even though I've only ever seen their eyes." One of them says.

"That's Haru-senpai and he's been wearing a mask ever since elementary I think" Taro-kun tells the other person.

"He's also really reserved and polite" The other person says.

"Yep, he's always like that" Taro-kun replies.

"I think they have a strong spiker that's like bald and looks really..." The other person starts.

All of a sudden, we all meet at the corner and Tanaka-san, Tsukki-san, and Tobio-kun go off on them.

"If you underestimate us, WE'LL EAT YOU ALIVE!" Tanaka-san shouts.

"Don't say that~ " Tsukki-san starts, " Poor elites are probably shaking in their shoes."

"Guys, stop that" I say I get in front of them and bow to the 2 Seijoh members, "I apologise for their behaviour"

"It's ok Haru-senpai!" Taro-kun says cheerfully.

"Nice to see you again Taro-kun!" I say as I smile under my mask.

"Even if I can't see it, his smile feels so beautiful" Yahaba thinks to himself.

The whole team walks into the gym and starts warming up while I catch up with Iwa-senpai, Akira-kun ( Kunimi ), and Taro-kun.

"Haru-senpai!" Akira-kun chirps as I approach him along with Taro-kun.

"Guys, this is Haruki Minato, Karasuno's manager" Iwa-senpai introduces me.

"Still as gorgeous as ever~ " The one named Hanamaki says.

I ended up learning all of their names and growing quite close to them so we make plans to go out for boba over the weekend. I get back to my own team and get notebook out.

"Tobio-kun." I say as he turns to me, "He's coming on in the last set"

"Got it." Tobio-kun responds.

The match starts up except Shoyo-san was very... Nervous. He got in the way of receives, blocks, and spikes. He was a tempo too late when Tobio-kun tried the quick attack and got directly shoved down by Taro-kun. When it was Seijoh's set point, it was Shoyo-san's turn to serve and he served it right at Tobio-kun's head. That means Seijoh won the first set and now they were taking a short break. Somehow, Tobio-kun got Shoyo-san to calm down and they took the second set with the freak quick taking Seijoh by surprise. The last set went normally until the score was 20-24 in our favour. I was starting to get slightly excited when I saw Oikawa-senpai getting on the court. Tobio-kun and I warned the rest of the team since Oikawa-senpai's serves were really strong. I think they would be impossible to receive under the right circumstances. They get back onto the court and Oikawa-senpai gets 3 aces before Karasuno finally shocked him with the freak quick again. After the match, I went to go see Oikawa-senpai so I walked over to the team.

"Aww!~ Haru-chan still wears his mask hmm?" Oikawa says out upon seeing me.

"Nice to see you too Oikawa-senpai" I say while approaching them.

"Haru, we should catch up don't you think?" Iwa-senpai asks me.

"Sure Iwa-senpai!" I cheerfully say as I turn to the rest of the team.

"Would you like to join us?" I ask the others.

"YES!!" Yahaba-san exclaims.

"We should go to that new boba store." Akira-kun says.

"Which one is that?" Mattsun-senpai asks.

"Oh! I've heard of it!" Oikawa-senpai says the continues, "It's like a cute boba store that has a bunch of cats!"

"So a cat cafe but with boba?" Makki-senpai asks Oikawa-senpai.

"Uh- Yep!" Oikawa-senpai says.

"Sounds good enough" Taro-kun says while shrugging.

"How about this Saturday at noon?" I suggest.

All of them agree much to my excitement. The rest of the week was clouded by my excitement so on the Saturday morning, I get ready. I put on a baggy pastel hoodie, a pair of baggy jeans, and my white airforces. I put on my mask obviously then I get my bag that just has the essentials. I head out the door and go to the address of the boba shop and see the rest of the boys already there. We go in and the cats immediately crowd us. I find this cute so as the others are finding a table, Akira-kun and I go to a corner where there are a bunch of cat toys and we play with the cats.

"Haru-chan! Kunimi-chan! We've got a table!" Oikawa-senpai says as we both go over to the table.

We all order some boba and when they arrive, I'm hesitant since i don't like taking off my mask but I do so anyways since the boba was like 880 yen. I take it off then all of them stare at me. I get nervous so I put it back on.

"No! Take it off! You're so pretty!" Makki-senpai tells me so I take it off.

Over time, it becomes less awkward so we end up having a great time but when it came time to leave, I put it back on.

"Why do you wear your mask Haru?" Yahaba-san asks me.

"Oh..! My mom doesn't like the way I look so that's why!" I respond while adjusting my mask.

_____

Why do you think his mom doesn't like it? I wonder...

_____

Word count:  912