Chapter 4 -- Cats vs. Crows

As the 3 of us start jogging back to the training camp, Shoyo-san starts up a conversation.

"Haru-senpai? Who were those people?" Shoyo-san asks grabbing the attention of Suga-senpai as well.

"Those were some old friends from Tokyo" I reply calmly.

"TOKYO?!" Shoyo-san starts going on and on about Tokyo as a city.

"Did they leave before I came?" Suga-senpai asks curiously.

"They did senpai, sorry about that" I answer with a small look of empathy- not that you could tell with my mask on anyways.

Soon enough, we get to the camp and everyone's already loading up their bags onto the bus. We got back to school after a few hours of driving then we went into the gym and the guys started warming up. Half an hour passed and I finished taking my notes. I showed coach but just as he was finishing up, Nekoma arrived.

"Kenma-san!" I cheered as I ran up to Kenma and gave him a nice, tight, hug.

"Wow Kenma. Favourites I see?" Kuroo-senpai says while having a very smug look on his face.

"Haru-senpai?" Tobio-kun starts, "You know students from Nekoma High?"

"Are these your old friends from Tokyo?" Suga-senpai asks me.

"They are!" I exclaim as I walk with Kenma inside.

When we're inside, I get to talking with the other Nekoma students which I've never met before. I had a feeling that Inuoka would get along with Shoyo-san nicely. I was still thinking when something loud interrupted my thoughts.

"HA! I'm taller than you Haru~ " Yaku-senpai said with a big grin on his face.

"Hey! That's not fair!" I walked up to him and looked up, "Ehh?! How are you like- 4 inches taller than me?!"

"Now, now Haru~ " Kuroo said as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

"You- Rooster! How did you get so tall?!" I shout at him causing him to start laughing at me.

"Still wearing the mask I see?~" Kuroo-senpai says with a smirk, turning the attention away from our heights.

"Uh- DON'T CHANGE THE TOPIC YOU-" I start.

"The match is about to begin, Haru." Kenma deadpans as I pull out my notebook.

"Thank you Kenma!" I say as I run back to my team.

"Haru, there you are!" Daichi-senpai exclaims.

"Can you tell us anything about the Nekoma team?" Suga-senpai asks me.

"Uh- Sure? Only on Kuroo-senpai, Yaku-senpai, and Kenma though.." I reply.

"Anything could help us" Tobio-kun says with his usual serious expression.

"Well, Kuroo-senpai is a middle blocker. He does read blocks and he's quite good. Kenma plays setter. He quiet but observant. He might be the first to figure out the special quick. Everyone on their team is specially taught how to make perfect receives but their libero, Yaku-senpai is the best. Nishinoya-san, he might even be able to dig Asahi-senpai's spikes" I say matter of factly, "The rest I can't say for sure, I hope that helps"

"That's a great help" Coach says with a smirk.

The match begins and as I suspected, Kenma figured out the quick pretty soon. They called timeout and after, they found a counter. We played our best but eventually lost 3 sets in a row. They had to leave so I caught up with them.

"Bye guys!" I run up to them.

"Before we go... CAN WE PLEASE SEE YOUR FACE?!" Yamamoto-san asks excited.

"Uh-" I get interrupted.

"Now, now~ Haru can show us but the most important question-" Kuroo-senpai also gets interrupted.

"When's your next visit to Tokyo?" Yaku-senpai asks me eagerly.

"I think it's next week so see you then and I might show my face~ " I answer slyly and grin even though I realize I probably look like an idiot since they can't see me smile.

They end up leaving and we do a practice. Coach told me to stand on a step-ladder and stand over the net on one side. The rest of the guys go to the other side and I'm told to spike a them and watch them receive. I was to spike higher for Nishinoya-san, Suga-senpai, and Tobio-kun so they could set. I do it and all of them got it first try except for a few mistakes. I get down and write down what improvements to make. Coach them told me to hit extra hard for Daichi-senpai to test his receives. I do that and feel bad afterwards since his forearms starts to slightly bleed. After practice, I run up to him.

"Daichi-senpai, I'm so sorry!" I wrap his forearms in bandages, "Does it hurt? Are you ok?"

"Don't worry, this is nothing compared to what I will go through during the Inter High Preliminaries" He replies with a smile.

"Right.. That's right around the corner right?" I ask.

Daichi-senpai smirks.

_____

a/n: Sorry for the short chapter and not writing in a while, my mental state is going down and I'm also kinda stressed from school, I hope you understand

Word count: 889