Chapter 20 - A little bit of research

Techno's mind was still racing. It still felt as if he was coming down from the events that had happened the day prior.

Thankfully the two had been able to bring the stolen hybrid back safe and sound, but little words were spoken between the two. Both clearly freaked out by Techno's actions.

He remembered [y/n] quickly darting away to heal her injury from the hunter. Thankfully the wound wasn't too bad, she had been holding her hand against it the entire journey back so she didn't lose much blood. Techno had no idea how she could stomach the injury and not even say a word about it. He assumed she left quickly so that Phil didn't see it, Techno knows he would've nearly killed the two of them if he knew they went out on their own.

He couldn't believe he had lost control like that. Sure he had lost control in the past, but it was nothing like that... frankly, as much as he didn't want to admit it, the thought of him losing control like he did scared him. It scared him knowing that he could've killed that hunter without even realising it, and the fact that [y/n] was only just able to snap him out of it.

If it wasn't for her voice then he surely would've murdered him, not only that, but who knows if his rampage would've stopped there?... He could've hurt [y/n] for all he knew...

The voices had completely taken over...and he still knew nothing about why they had this hold over him, it was truly terrifying...

He shook his head, trying not to think too much about it. A small part of him feared the voices could take over if he thought about it too much.

But he also knew he owed [y/n] an explanation. That, and he wanted to talk to her again. He hated seeing her fearful expression and he wanted to make sure she didn't see him as a monster... that was the last thing he wanted.

Right now he was sitting on a bench in the corner of the village, away from the rest of the hybrids. He watched as dozens of different hybrids wandered past him, talking amongst themselves. Happy and safe in the village, not having to worry about the hunters.

With his head in his hands he saw a familiar scaled face nearby in the river that flowed through the village. Niki talked amongst some other Merlings, her face beaming as she gestured with her hands. She might know where [y/n] is, they seem to be pretty close to each other since coming here.

With a sigh the Piglin pushed on his knees and stood from the bench, making his way over to the water watching as Niki's Merling friends swam away before she turned to greet him.

"Techno! Hey, I haven't seen you in a week or two, how's it going?" She said kindly.

It wasn't going great, not really. But the Piglin didn't want to dampen the Merling's mood.

"Yeah, it's umm great... how are you?" Goddamn, he hated small talk so much.

"I'm doing really well!" She exclaimed, "Did you know I've been placed in charge of accessibility for the entire village?!"

She had? Techno hadn't heard anything about this.

"Really?"

"Yeah! [y/n] and Phil told me that with all these new hybrids coming to the village someone should be in charge of making sure it's accessible to all the different species!"

That made sense. At the moment there were so many hybrids getting rescued, it made sense for someone to be put in charge to make sure that they can all adjust and fit in. Making sure that their individual needs for the village were met.

"That's pretty cool... How long have you been in charge?" He asked, trying to be polite.

"Only a few days, but look!" She gestured to some of her notes in front of her on the grass. "I'm planning to extend the river for the Merlings. Oh! And I think some burrows should be made for some of the hybrids that don't want to sleep up in the treehouses!"