1. The Weight Of The Crown

🖤🖤Author: Hello! I hope you are all well!! Let's get on with it!!🖤🖤

Tsuki woke up with a beam of the sun shining in from a crack in his thick red velvet curtains. He squinted but didn't move, not looking forward to what the day had in store for him. Usually, someone's Eighteenth birthday is a joyful occasion, something they look forward to, taking their first steps into adulthood. For Tsuki, However.... It meant taking the Crown of the Kingdom and becoming King, but not before choosing an Omega to be his mate. He hated the law and wanted to change everything about it, but the only way he could was to take the crown and ascend the throne. He had no choice, well he did have one, he could sell off his Kingdom to one of the neighboring nations, but he knew that wouldn't be a good option, considering some of those Kings treated Omegas even worse than his father had... And he treated them lower than dirt.

"Your Highness, are you awake?" A voice with a knock caused him to groan.
He got out of his bed and walked over to a hook on the wall that had a blue gold and blue trimmed robe hanging over it.
"Yeah!" he shouted as he slid the robe on and walked over the door.
He tried to hide his irritation as he opened it to Kageyama, a tall haired Knight, and one of his most trusted guards, along with Hinata, a shorter Omega with bright orange Hair that always seemed to be overly fluffed, who was one of the Tending Omegas that never seemed to be far from Kageyama's side, even though he refused to take him as his Alpha.

"The Omega transport is here Your Highness," Kageyama said as he bowed before placing a hand on Hinata's head and forcing him into a bow.
"Happy Birthday, Prince Tsuki... I mean Your Highness," Tsuki rolled his eyes at both of them.

"Tsk, I told you both not to be so formal, I'm not my father," It annoyed him when the few people he was close to treated him formally.

"Yes, sorry," Kageyama said as he raised from his bow.
"So... are you excited about meeting the Omegas?" Hinata asked, immediately regretting it as both the Alphas gave him a deathly glare.
"Sorry, he said quietly and stared down at the floor,"

"It's fine," Tsuki said with a sigh and rubbed his forehead, realizing that since his father had died, Hinata hadn't really been able to do his job and tend to another Omega, which meant he was probably looking forward to today.
"I'll be ready in a minute, can you two make yourselves useful and go let Daichi to bring the Omegas into the throne room I'll be there,"

Kageyama gave a nod and turned to walk away with Hinata following.

Tsuki shut his bedroom door and pressed his forehead against it for a moment, trying to gather himself before turning to face the rest of his room, the crystal circlet known as the prince's crown staring back at him as it sat on a soft velvet purple pillow on a vanity table that sat beneath a portrait of him and his mother, a constant reminder of a promise he made himself at her funeral.
"Don't worry," He said quietly looking up at her face in the picture.
"I won't be like father, I promise."

He opened up his wardrobe and grabbed an elegant red silk blouse with a slit in the neck and a pair of black pants and a long black silk jacket
With tails in the back. He got dressed and grabbed his glasses off the dresser where he kept them. He hesitated as he turned back to his crown. His heart felt heavy as he placed it atop his head and stared at his reflection. The light from the sun streaming in from behind his curtains bounced off the white crystals and obsidian he swollowed the lump in his throat before taking one last look at the room around him and heading out the door.

🖤🖤Author: Hi! Okay, I know this was short but u wanted everyone to get a feel for this story first. I hope you all enjoyed it! Please stay safe and remember you are important!🖤🖤