Chapter Six- Oh Hey, I Have A Friend Now... *PLEASE READ RE-WRITTEN VERSION*

RECAP:

"Kellie?" My mothers voice brings me out from my thoughts.

"Uh yeah, sorry, hey Mum?" I ask.

"Yes?"

"Can I maybe have a friend to sleep over tomorrow?" I ask, I need to talk to Kacey where no one will interrupt, and no one can hear when she explains. I've heard things about Kacey, I'd hate to use them against her.

"Oh, really? Who is this friend?" My Mum asks, she sounds shocked. I'm not surprised, I've only ever had one friend, and he moved to another country when we were still very young, since then I just melted into the shadows, doing my schoolwork and going unnoticed.

"Her name is Kacey, don't worry, you know I wouldn't have a party Mum." I say.

"Oh I know you won't, I'm just happy you're finally branching out Kellie." She says, I can almost hear the smile in her voice. I can hear Dad questioning in the background, Mum replying, and Dad laughing in joy.

"Finally!" He shouts into the phone, his voice beaming with what sounds like pride. My heart clenches, even if I come home with straight A's and 100% on everything, they sound proud, but not like this, like they have a normal daughter.

"Um, thanks, I'm gonna take that as a yes then?" I ask, finger hovering over the 'End' button.

"Sure thing, just don't stay up too late, and use the money I gave you. If you need more, there's some in a red box on top of the fridge. Night Kellie." Mum says happily.

"Night Mum, night Dad." I say, hanging up the phone and passing out on the couch again.

I dream of whispers, it's dark and all I can hear is whispering, some of it secrets, some of them accusing, and even a few friendly. The whip around my face like the wind, a dark grey aura hanging around in the pitch black, slowly stalking over my skin, words flowing around. One was being repeated over and over.

"Who told you?"

"Little Birdy told me a secret."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wake up to the extremely annoying sound of the phone ringing.

"H-hello?" I answer groggily, running a hand through tangled hair, I bet I look super attractive right now, note the sarcasm.

"Kellie Walters?" A feminine voice asks.

"Uh, yeah, who is this?" 

"This is the front office of Western Hill High School calling to see whether or not you were coming to school Ms. Walters, you didn't let the school know in advance."

"Oh, uh yes, I am, my apologies for not calling. You see, I had...a doctors appointment, I felt unwell so I went for a check in. I'll be there soon."

"Oh alright Ms. Walters, since this is the first time you've not called in advance, you'll be let off with an after school detention. If you're not at your third period class though, I'm afraid you'll get a harsher punishment. Understood?"

I look to the clock, it's 12:00pm, lunch time at school, third period starts at 1:00pm, yeah I'll be fine.

"Understood, thank you for the call."

"You're quite welcome Ms. Walters." Then she hangs up, huh, I never got her name, all I know is that she flirts with the principal all. The. Time. Even though he's married...don't ask how I know this, secret of the gossiper.