Chapter Eight- Wait What?! *PLEASE READ RE-WRITTEN VERSION*

RECAP:

"If you'll excuse us," Kacey grasps my arm, tugging me away from the three. "we have to leave now, bye."

"Bye guys!" I shout as I'm dragged away, and Kacey drives me home, way over the speed limit might I add, how did she pass her drivers test? I must be going crazy or something, because I swear I can see these moving figures, running and jumping over fences, somehow keeping up with the car and stopping when we stop at lights. Soon enough, Kacey pulls to a stop at my house, keeping the car running though.

"I'll see you tomorrow Kellie!" She hollers out the window, probably loud enough for the entire street to hear. I laugh and wave before shouting back.

"Simon asked about you by the way, bye!" I quickly scurry into the house before she can ask anymore questions. I have to somehow set those two up...

In the corner of my eye, I can see shadows of people, scurrying hastily away from my house, three people. It's so quiet, but I heard it, I heard one of the voices hiss angrily.

"Adam!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Being the brave idiot I am, I venture outside, only to see three figures running as fast as they can away from my house. One of them looks back, with panicked hazel eyes before saying something to the other two, and they all run faster. The guy who looked back looks strangely like Alex Short, but why would they be near my house?

The door handle moves, and I freeze, eyes widened and staring at the door. Pounding knocks echo heavily through the house.

"Kellie let me in!" I hear my sister Emma's voice. 

"Thank God." I sigh under my breath, before opening the door to see my sister with a duffel bag and her school bag.

"How was your friends house?" I ask, going to the kitchen to make her a lemonade, Emma looks a little grumpy.

"Thanks, it was fine." She says grumpily before taking a long drink of the cup.

"No it wasn't, what happened?" I ask, pulling her ponytail for her to sit on the couch with me.

"Ow! Not the hair Kellie! We just had a fight, it'll blow over." She grumbles.

"About...?" I pry, since our parents are never home, I try to make sure my little 10 year old sister is okay. I still have no clue what my parents do for a living, but at least it gets us some money. 

"Just a guy..." Emma blushes, and I'm about to exclaim at her, to tell me all about this guy they fought over, but suddenly, the door swings open and in steps our parents.

"Mum! Dad!" Emma squeals, running over to hug them, I do the same, minus the squeal.

"Where've you been?" I question, helping my Mum lug in a large suitcase.

"About that..." Dad trails off, scratching the back of his neck, a gesture he does when he's nervous.

"You see..." Mum avoids eye contact, before handing me about 5 $100 bills. My eyes go wide and Emma's jaw drops.

"Wait! Just wait a second!" Emma shouts, making us all look at her, I know what she's about to do. Her bottom lip is quivering and her fists are clenched, yep, we both have the same thoughts. "You're leaving again aren't you?" She whispers angrily. "Let me guess, a week, you give us money to buy food, leave for a week then come home for a day and leave again, that's what you're doing aren't you?!" She glares at Mum and Dad, who both nod sadly. Emma runs to her room, while Mum goes to pack fresh clothes or whatever and Dad follows me into the kitchen.