Part 4.Sparring Partners

- Have you talked to General Masari? - Solala approached her younger brother.

- You've been a bit too strong on him I think.

-He is a resilient man, he would recover. 

-Sar'gen... seriously? How about a sparring match? We all already sparred with Masari many times. You asked him to join your army and help with unification and after it ignored him. He is nice person.

Sar'gen who was half listening to Solala stopped with documents and lifted his head. Masari made him a bit uncomfortable but Solala was right.

- Will do.

It was a peculiar situation for Sar'gen as he was not sure how to behave around Masari. He killed Masari in his past life, he hated him for all these losses during Gazol's battle, and at the same time, he respected him the most. More to it, Sar'gen noticed that he liked to be around Gazol's general which was a mysterious feeling that he did not understand.

Sar'gen found Masari in the training hall. Masari was practicing with one of his usual sparring partners. Sar'gen moved to the corner so he would not disturb the practice to observe.

Masari had a very distinct fight style, sophisticated and deadly elegant. He had a long thin sword similar to a rapier. Sar'gen becomes enhanced by his fluid movements, like dancing. Masari was not an aggressive fighter, but it was apparent that he had a lot of battle experience and was well-versed in tactics and strategy. His sparring partner was struggling to keep up with Masari's smooth and precise moves. Sar'gen felt captivated it was a funny tingling feeling that made him uncomfortable again.

Masari was a tall and slim man, he had a nicely built and proportioned body with long legs and arms. Like many Gazol people, he had dark brown long hair that he wore in a high ponytail during the day and dark almond-shaped eyes. Sar'gen shifted his body to the other side to see Masari better, he liked to watch him. With these attractive eyes, a thin nose, and strong but full lips, he was a beautiful person.

Sar'gen felt conflicted about it as this attraction was not known to him. The Masari's sparring partner moved closer, almost touching the body of the general, and Sar'gen instantly did not like it so he stepped in.

- General Masari.

Masari stopped immediately and turned to Sar'gen

-How about a sparring match with me?

Sar'gen was leaning on the training hall pillar with his arms crossed. He looked tired but very handsome. Masari felt like his face warmed up. He hated this reaction. Sar'gen fascinated him with everything.

-Lead commander...- Masari was surprised to see Sar'gen.

However, his sparring partner was happy to give up his spot. Sar'gen laughed at this eagerness when he was handed sparring equipment right away.

Sar'gen moved to the middle of the arena. He wore a short jacket and had his hair down.

- You looked tired, maybe next time. - asked Masari with concerns.

-Oh ho...-Sar'gen smirked - I am good, I want to move around. I was tired from deskwork. Do not hold back Masari or you will get injured...by accident, - challenged him Sar'gen, smiling arrogantly.

Masari answered the call and got into position.

Sar'gen suddenly moved forward and his sword swished with a powerful blow, Masari barely managed to avoid it.

Sar'gen's style was powerful and aggressive, he had strong legs that allowed him to put a lot of power in each move. Masari never sparred with Sar'gen before, so it was difficult to adjust to such an offensive style. He never expected that Sar'gen's style would be so different from Kedra who was his sparring partner a few times before.