<The journal.> //Chapter 5//

Make sure to read the description for trigger warnings :l
(tank you for 100+ reads it meansjsomuchtomeismsiwja8).
—————————————————————————————-
The bushes rustled

"Why did I come here with these idiots in the first place.." Seability mumbled. He looked around. He thought of how such a big forest could've been destroyed so easily.
"Hey Sea..?" Tunability looked at his big brother, who was looking at the bright orange sky with a disgusted look plastered on his face.
"What?" He answered to his brother's question while still looking at the sky. A thick fog followed their legs wherever the went inside the forest.
"I think there's something watching us...." Tunability said looking at the bushes.
"Don't be stupid you. There's nothing wrong. I know this place gives creepy vibes but there's literally nothing else alive here other than us" he replied.
"Uhm. Okaaay.."

The four walked a bit more until they reached the end of the strange and creepy forest and the area opened up. Destroyed houses that were made of rocks were scattered everywhere and the disgusting smell became stronger.

"This place is... eugh.... I don't even wanna know what happened...." NEONABILITY said. As he walked forward along with the others. The area looked like a village. Well, it certainly wasn't a village anymore, but something made it seem like it used to be one.

Laughability's curiosity had gotten beyond the clouds at this point. Till now he had stayed quiet. He hadn't yet processed what had happened. It was all going too fast. A certain crumbled down structure got his attention. It was made of stone. Smooth stone, that looked like it came from deep mines, collected by the finest, most professional miners.

It was covered with vines. He couldn't help but want to go over to where it was and explore it. The ruins of it made it look like some ancient abandoned temple of a powerful god. So that's exactly what he did. He left the others and stopped following the path that Seability was following to lead them through the village and started walking quickly towards it.
"Laugh- what are you doing? Come back! Where the hell are you going?" Seability called out.

Laugh reached the ruined building and looked around it. There was a small, red velvety and withered box that looked like a storage of some sort. He approached it and bent down on his knees, opening it carefully. Inside it was a thick, dark green book that had golden corners. Behind him approached the others, getting filled with curiosity once seeing the weird diary of some sort.

He wiped the dust off of it's cover and looked at the name. 'Gear's journal' it read. He opened it slowly, revealing pages and pages of written down discoveries and experiences of this guy. He flipped to the first page and started reading out loud so the others could hear.

"My name is Gearability. I'm an archeologist and a mechanic. I live in ##?#.#, a village on the east side of ##&€?.*&. I have been exploring the island for a while and I've discovered some pretty weird artefacts. I have no idea who they belonged to, what civilisation created them or where they came from but I can tell that they are very, very old. I'm keeping this journal to note down my discoveries and my life in general living in this place. I hope I can find more of these interesting things to investigate.
-End of log."

Laughability then flicked to other pages, reading out some of the notes that this 'Gearability' guy had written down.

It seemed that the name of the village and the area that it was located in was either erased, scribbled over or the part was just straight up a blank part on the page. He was confused. The notes that were written were getting weirder and weirder every page that he switched to. It wrote that the artefacts had started responding weirdly to certain actions that Gearability performed and that 'They tended to switch places".

Finally, Laughability turned to see the last page of the journal. He started reading....
———————————————————————————————————————————————————-
(A/N: I know it's been a month but my brain needed a break and my schedule is FUCKED soooo yup 👍)

[682 words (A/N not included)]
[709 words (A/N included)]
[741 words (everything included)]

//sorry for any mistakes I didn't catch ( ・∇・)//

((ALSO SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER IM TIRED AND I DISLOCATED MY KNEE AND IT HURTS ANYWAYS GOODNIGHT))