𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐌𝐞

TW: Swearing, Kidnapping, Human Experimentation, Dehumanization, Mentions of Suicide

。 。 。 。 。

𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐎𝐍𝐄𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐃𝐄 𝐌𝐄

.

.

.

It was all so quick...

.
.
.

It felt like an instant...

.
.
.

Where did he go?

.
.
.

Mother... Father...

.
.
.

Why won't you wake up?

.

.

.

The men in white cloaks showed up soon after the red eyed man had fled. I'd knelt down beside my mother, nudging her and trying to wake her up. I was young. I didn't understand that my efforts were futile. I didn't understand that she was dead. The men in white cloaks dragged me away from my mother's corpse as I screamed and cried for her. They weren't able to console me until they'd finally dragged me away from the scene and began to ask me questions so they knew what my situation was.

They knew me as Shuuji Tsushima, the twelve-year-old boy whose parents were killed by vampires during a trip to France. I won't say they were wrong in believing that. I was young, alone, and lost in a foreign country. I soon learned they were vampire hunters from the church, chausseurs. They had heard of the vampire attacks in the area and had come to get rid of it before the vampire hurt anyone else. Clearly, they'd been too late. I was lucky to have survived and made it out completely unscathed.

They had taken me back to their hideout in the chapel in Notre Dame. The men that had saved me were so contrast from one another, from what I remember. The dark haired man—I believe his name was Olivier—was very stern and rather quiet compared to his blond companion—his name was Roland, I remember that well. Roland was much more loud and eccentric. He had such a bold presence that it almost felt unnatural that his job was to kill living beings. He was the first person to make sure I was alright after the vampire attack.

He said that I'd been shaking so much that if it hadn't been warm that evening, he would've assumed I'd been freezing to death. He had consoled me as he and Olivier took me back with them to where they'd, from what I overheard, organize somewhere for me to stay, find a caretaker for me, and possibly train me to become a chausseur like them. Though, I was relatively frail back then and I wasn't agile by any means, so they probably had their doubts. Regardless, they were going to take me into their care until they found a semipermanent solution.

At least, that's what they had planned.

The moment they turned their backs while leading me through the winding halls, a pair of hands had grabbed me and taken me away. The person had covered my mouth to muffle any attempts at getting the chausseurs' attention. What happened after I was taken is a bit fuzzy in my memory. I can't remember if I'd hit my head or if I had been drugged, but I blacked out at some point during my struggle. I later learned that I was taken by the infamous Dr. Moreau, a psychopathic scientist who yearned to become a vampire himself.