Chapter 2

Amelias POV -

Things had pretty much been the same with me and Enzo since our blow up outside the Emirates. Thankfully, I'd moved into my new place in London, so I didn't have to see him as much as he was busy working back in Essex. Today was the girls last game of the World Cup as they had made it to the final.

I laid back on my sofa with my hair in a messy bun and joggers on and picked up my remote switching to BBC. I made it just in time to watch the girls walk out. There they were, Lotte and Alessia getting ready to make history. My hands were sweating, clutched to the sofa as I watched them battle for a straight 45 minutes. Subconsciously, I think id watched Alessia more than the game. I didn't even mean to; I wasn't even thinking like that right? Yeah, she was pretty, like super pretty...Yeah, no. Shes hot.

My fantasizing was interrupted by Enzo calling me. He was due to finish work any moment as he works nights, so that's what I assumed. 

"Hey, you okay? How was work?" I spoke. 

"Yeah, going out with the boys for a few drinks. I'll be back later, don't wank off to Alessia too much today yeah?" Call Ended. This man...Its 12pm. 

I rolled my eyes and slipped my phone back into my pocket as the girls were walking out for the second half. I watched in suspense as Spain scored and made it 1-0. The next few minutes after the goal was painful, and i began to lose hope. The dreaded whistle blew and that was it. The girls had come so fucking close, but just fallen short. My heart was broken. The screen panned to all the girls crying and sitting on the floor in floods of tears. "Holy shit" I said, taking a big sigh. Thats when it panned to Alessia, red face with tears pouring down her cheeks. My face dropped; I felt her pain so clearly. A tear slipped down my cheek watching her so upset. I hardly know the girl, why am I so upset? Shit. I picked my remote up and I couldn't bear to watch the rest of it, I couldn't even imagine being stood there. I turned off my TV and dragged my legs to my kitchen, to go and make myself some food.

As I was stood over the counter, I went into the Arsenal group chat and found Alessias number. I twiddled my fingers for a while before dropping her a message. "Hey, it's Amelia. You played so well; you should be proud. Thinking of you and the girls, see you soon." I pressed send and dropped my phone back onto the counter as I went to make myself some eggs.

Every time my phone pinged for the rest of the day, I'd pick it up in hope it was the beautiful blonde girl I'd met so vaguely. Days passed, no text.

I don't know what I was thinking anyway, I have a boyfriend why am I so excited about the idea of her? I just want to be her friend.