IV

LE SSERAFIM have debuted.

It's been going well, for the most part. Their music video is trending, their debut showcase is viral, they're all receiving praise for their great performance skills that they've spent months perfecting; all their hard work's paid off. Heck, Chaewon finally got to perform again after eight months, but for some reason she's still not happy.

Because she's afraid she's ruined her relationship with Kazuha.

Kazuha's been... different recently. And Chaewon can't help but overthink everything that's happened between them over the past few weeks.

This isn't something that she can talk about, not to the members because then she'd have to explain why, not to the staff because then she'd have to explain why, and definitely not to Kazuha because then she'd have to explain why. But now it's serious, she rereads the article that their manager sent to her earlier today with furrowed brows.

𝘋𝘰 𝘯𝘦𝘸 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘱 𝘓𝘌 𝘚𝘚𝘌𝘙𝘈𝘍𝘐𝘔 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳?

𝘍𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘓𝘌 𝘚𝘚𝘌𝘙𝘈𝘍𝘐𝘔 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘒𝘪𝘮 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘦𝘸𝘰𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘒𝘢𝘻𝘶𝘩𝘢 𝘥𝘶𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘱'𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬. 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘱 𝘩𝘢𝘴 𝘨𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘷𝘪𝘳𝘢𝘭 𝘰𝘯 𝘚𝘕𝘚 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘒𝘢𝘻𝘶𝘩𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘦𝘺𝘦 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘤𝘵 𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘱 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘒𝘪𝘮 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘦𝘸𝘰𝘯, 𝘧𝘢𝘯𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮.

Chaewon watches the clip attached, and even she has to admit it looks awkward as fuck. Kazuha's eyes are almost cold, numb even, while they pose for fans to take screenshots at the end of the live. They were seated together, and Kazuha's manner hands make it look worse, Chaewon knows it's just a polite habit of hers, but in this context it definitely looks like they're not close at all. God, she's really fucked up this time. She scrolls off the video to look at the comments and replies below.

𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘢 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘱 𝘪𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦? ㅋㅋ

𝘔𝘢𝘯ㅋㅋ𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩

ㅋ𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘩 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘦𝘸𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘤𝘩 𝘩𝘦𝘳ㅋㅋㅋ

She reads them all until she can't scroll any further, and she notices the way her knuckles turn white from gripping her phone too hard.

𝘔𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘳
𝘍𝘪𝘹 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘰𝘳 𝘐'𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘣𝘰𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘳.

Chaewon sighs before turning her phone off, all light leaving her dark room in the process. It's 1am and she's been rereading this article for an hour in the solitude of her bed. She should be sleeping for their schedules they have lined up tomorrow, but she just can't stop thinking about it. She's worked so fucking hard to get this far, she can't let this completely false scandal, propaganda even, drag the team down. And out of all scandals to get, she never thought it would be a coworker scandal, she's always been confident in the group's relationship and dynamic. Obviously she needs to talk to Kazuha to get to the bottom of this, tomorrow's their first music show, so maybe she could pull Kazuha to the side for a few minutes to talk to her?