Enemy - Charlie

You sat down comfortably in your chair in the front of the class. Two minutes until class starts; you just had to make it through English before you could finally go home.

Ring ringg

There was the bell signalling for the beginning of class. Everyone filled up the empty seats and settled down. The teacher went through the register, ticking everyone off as she read.

"Charlie?" Called miss Kendall.

Typical, he wasn't here on time.

"He's not here miss," said someone, as she continued to take attendance.

Phew.

You could say that you and Charlie Lenehan weren't exactly the best of friends. Well, you were far from friends. You'd hated each other for over 11 years and you didn't see you and him becoming "pals" anytime soon.

Then there he came. At least 20 minutes into the lesson. He wore the normal blue school uniform, but had discarded the tie and had exchanged the black school trousers for skinny jeans.

"Ah, Charlie, care to explain why you are so late?" Asked the teacher.

"Err, no, not really," he said, scanning the room for an empty seat. Unfortunately the only seat free was next to me, but Charlie clearly noticed this and ignored me.

"Miss, there aren't any seats left," said Charlie.

"Ah, you're right...- oh wait, there's a seat next to Y/N. I'm sure she wouldn't mind you sitting next to her!"

That was a total lie. You would mind a lot by sitting next to my enemy, and probably the biggest fuckboy ever.

"Miss, I don't think I'm aloud to sit there. You see, I'm loser intolerant, which means I can't sit next to people like Y/N," explained Charlie.

Everyone in the class "ooooed" as you huffed and crossed your arms. He looked at you, smirking.

"Oh piss of Charlie," you snarled, causing everyone to "oooo" again at the comeback.

"Y/N! I will not tolerate that behaviour in my class! And Charlie, I expect better manners than this! Now both of you can go to the heads office and sort this out yourselves thank you very much!" Snapped the teacher.

"Fine!" You and Charlie yelled, exiting the classroom.

You walked down the corridor silently, staying as far away as possible from one another.

"You know, you should really mind your language sometimes Y/N," smiled Charlie sarcastically.

"Oh shut up! Says you who said I have loserphobia!" You backfired, staring into his eyes as you both stopped in front of the heads office.

"Just saying Y/N, don't take it personally!"

Suddenly the door swung open and there stood Mr Carter, the head.

"What is it now you two..?" He sighed, wiping his forehead.

"Well......" You started. "Personally Charlie should have a restraining order not to come within 50 miles of me, and also he really needs to grow up."

"Says you Y/N," laughed Charlie, "you're just as worse!"

"Liar!"

"No you're a liar!"

"No you are!"

"No-"

"SHUT UPPP," yelled mr king, his face turning bright red. "BOTH OF YOU DETENTION FOR THE WHOLE WEEK, AND ILL GET MR LENEHAN REMOVED FROM YOUR ENGLISH CLASS IF THATS WHAT YOU REALLY WANT HUH?"

You and Charlie both stood there in silence. You were finally gonna get the peace and quiet you wanted, woooo.

"Finally," you moaned, turning around to go back to class.

"Ah ah ah, where'd you think you're going?" Tutted mr king.

"Er, class?"

"Nope, wrong!" Said mr king. "You and Charlie are both gonna have a month counselling together to try and sort things out for once."

"What!?" You both almost shouted.

"You heard me."

"Oh this is a load of crap, I'm leaving," said Charlie, turning around and leaving the building.

Only you and the head were left behind.

"Er..." You started.

"Why don't you take the rest of the period off, there's only 5 minutes left, and I've had enough of you two for one day."

"Awesome," I smiled, leaving the school doors.

I started walking round the corner to the gates when I was stopped.

"Y/N!" You heard someone say.

You looked to find Charlie calling your name.

"What do you want loser?"

"Erm..."

"Spit it out Charlie, mate."

He hesitated for a bit and fiddled with his thumbs. He looked almost nervous for some reason. He wasn't acting himself at all, weird.

"Uh, nothing. See ya tomorrow," he grinned.

Why was he grinning at me?

"Er, yeah," I awkwardly smiled back.

I guess I'll never know what he wanted to tell me.....

A/N-- 10K READS THATS INSANE GUYS OMG I CANT THANKYOU ENOUGH!!! SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED IN FOREVER BUT HERES A LONG IMAGINE TO MAKE UP FOR IT :)))))