Part 9

When I wake up the rain is still knocking on the window. I'm in Charles's arms, my head hurts terribly. I look at the wall clock, which shows half past eight in the morning. I quietly get up from the bed. "Morning," Charles mumbles sleepily. "Morning, I didn't want to wake you up," I reply and smile. At this moment I feel awkward. "About last night..." I start, but Charles sits up and pulls me into a hug. "It's okay, don't be uncomfortable."
"I don't know what to say."
"Do you regret it?" he asks quietly as he caresses my bare back. I don't know, do I? I keep silent. My head hurts and it's hard for me to think. "I need to take a shower," I answer, but I don't look at him. Charles grabs my hand and caresess my chin. He approaches my face and suddenly I feel his breath. I close my eyes as he kisses me. Tender, sensual.
"I need to take a shower," I say again and stand up. "Feel yourself at home," I add and smile as he smiles back.

*Carlos*

I just finished a phone conversation with Fred, who informed me that in a few days we'll have a meeting that we cannot miss. He called Charles, but he didn't answer, so he asked me if I could summon him. I step onto the deck and see that we are approaching the island. I haven't met Rebecca yet. I lean against the fence and call Charles on Face Time. He is probably somewhere at the sea, enjoying himself with some beauty. It doesn't take long to ring when his face appears on the screen.
"Hey mate, what's up?" he greets me. "Where are you, Fred calls you," I say.
"Oh, I didn't hear," he says, looking around. "Right, you'd better call him back. There is something about meetings. Are you on vacation?"
"Um, yes. You won't believe it, I'm in Madrid."
"Nice. Did you go to the football match?" "Yeah, yeah." He is acting weird. I look at the screen and observe the place where is he. That clock on the wall looks familiar to me.
"I have to go. I'll be late for breakfast. See you soon," he said quickly.
"Okay, have a good time," I manage to say, but then he hangs up. Why is he so weird. And that wall clock...
"Daddy, shall we call mommy?" Vivi wakes me up from my thoughts.
"Of course, love." I lift her in my arms and use Face Time again to call. Vivi trembles with excitement and looks at the screen. When there is no answer, she becomes annoyed: "Why doesn't she answer?" "Maybe she's sleeping. Or she's having breakfast."
Rebecca comes on deck with a suitcase in hand. "I saw that we are approaching the island. I don't want to disturb you anymore." She walks up to us and kisses Vivi on the cheek: "I've already said goodbye to your parents."
"Where are you going?" Vivi asks her. "She will stay on this island for a few days," I explain to her. "But we'll be here for a while too?" Vivi says. Right. Why am I lying to her. "Uncle Lando is coming," I say quickly. When we reach the island, we disembark slowly. Vanessa didn't call back. I hope there is nothing wrong. "Tio Lando!" Vivi exclaims and runs down the pier. "Thank you for everything, Chili," Rebecca said and hugged me, "I wish you all the best. I hope you will be a happy family." I nod and look where Vivi is. Lando throws her in the air, and the girl squeals with joy. Rebecca is already walking towards them, so I follow her. Lando and I hug each other. "The transport is here," Lando says a little awkwardly as he took Rebecca's suitcase. The situation is awkward. I'd rather dig into the ground. I was saved by the ringing of the phone.
"It's mommy!" exclaims Vivi. Yes, it is. I walk over to my daughter and answer. A picture of Vanessa with a towel on her head appears on the screen. "Morning," she greets us. "Mommy, come to the island!" without greeting Vivi shouts. Vanessa looks confused: "You know you're on vacation with dad."
"Yes, but we want you to come too."
"Honey, you know I can't."
"Vanessa, are you sure you can't take a day off?" I ask. "No Carlos, I can't." Why is she so cold. "My head hurts, can we talk later?"
"Okay, mommy. Take a pill," Vivi says and blows her a kiss. "I will, and you enjoy yourself," Vanessa replies with a gentle smile and ends the call. She doesn't say anything to me. What is going on with her?

*Vanessa*

Wrapped in a towel, I walk into the bedroom where Charles is talking on the phone. I don't understand everything, because he's speaking italian. I sit on the edge of the bed and think. About myself, about my daughter, about the last night. About this whole fucked up situation. He kisses me on the bare shoulder and wakes me up from thinking. "Are you okay?" I nod. "Do you regret?" I shrug. I don't know if I do. I probably don't, because I feel butterflies in my stomach, my heart is beating like insane.
"Carlos called me," he says as he gets up from the bed. I turn and look at him: "Why?"
"Job," he smiles, so I nod.
"Can I use the shower?"
"Of course. I'll make a coffee."
When he goes to the shower, I change into a tiny, summer dress, without a bra and panties. I'm making coffee in the kitchen when a freshly showered Charles walks in and sits at the table. I take two cups and place them on the table.
"Here you go, Lord Perceval."
He laughs: "Oh, thank you very much."
I lean against the wall and slowly sip my coffee. I see him looking at me. "What?" I ask, licking my lips. "You don't have a bra."
"Yeah, I'm home," I reply as I look down. The nipples melt through the transparent dress. I put the cup down. "Carlos is such a lucky guy," he says and drinks some coffee. I roll my eyes: "Not anymore. Tell me something," I walk up to him: "Do you like me?" I see that he is blushing slightly: "Y-yeah," he stutters. "I like you too," I say and sit on top of him. "Vanessa why are you doing this to me?" he says quietly as I gently bite his earlobe. His breathing quickens. "I don't know. You attract me. I want you to take me. Over and over again. Let's not think too much." He hugs my breasts with his hands and sobs: "I promised myself I wouldn't," he says almost inaudibly. "I don't care. Do what you want." He nods: "I want that," he says and kisses me passionately. I press myself against him. He kiss me down my neck and I tilt my head far back and let down my still wet hair. I stand up a little that he can unbutton his pants. He is hard, he is ready. I sit on top of him and wiggle my hips. Soon we both cum, but we continue to kiss. Now he gets up with me in his arms and carries me to the sofa, where he puts me down and continues. After three rounds of great sex, both of us are laying on carpet in the middle of the living room.
"I think I'm falling in love with you," I admit quietly. He nods: "I also have that feeling for myself. I don't want to leave you. I don't want to go."
"Then stay," I say and look him in the eyes. "What about Vivi?"
"She's staying with her dad for a few days. Please stay. I want to get to know you better."