Chapter Two

|Luffy's P.O.V|

'Ace, get uppppp!!' I shouted, shaking him. 'Ughhh, Leave me alone, Luffy, go bother Sabo!' He said, smacking my hand away and rolling over. 'But Sabo said to wake you up!' I replied, crossing my arms. 'Ughhhh, Fine Luffy, I'm up now, go away! So I can change!' He said, slowly sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

'Okay! Better hurry! Sabo said something about you oversleeping and Gramps coming up here.' I said as he shot out of bed and ran straight to his closet. 'Okay! Thanks, Luffy! You can go now!' He said as I walked out the door, closing it.

'Is he up?' Sabo asked as I walked down the steps. 'Yeah, he's changing right now.' I said, stopping to look at him. 'Good, now Gramps won't go up there himself.' He said, walking down the steps. 'Yeah, but it's still early. Why would Gramps go up there?' I asked, rushing down the steps to catch up to him.

'Oh, I know. I just had you say that 'cause I know damn well that he wouldn't get up in time.' Sabo said with a laugh. 'Ooooh, okay!' I said, 'Wait, don't we train with him today?' I asked, stopping in my tracks, a wave of fear washing over me. 'Oh, shit! You're right!' Sabo said, rushing away to finish getting ready.

I walked to my room to change out the fancy clothing to a red button-up shirt, blue pants, and a pair of sandals. 'Much better!' I say to myself, walking to the door, 'Wait! Can't forget this!' I say, grabbing the straw hat that was sitting on my dresser. It was gifted to me by Shanks when he left to explore the world. I wanted to go with him, but he turned me down.

He said that I was too young and weak. But in the end, he got hurt because of me, so I didn't ask to go with him when he set out to leave. I told him I was going to train and get a lot stronger, and he gave me the hat and told me to return it once I got strong enough to protect the kingdom from enemies.

As I was about to walk out my door, Sabo stopped me, 'You told Ace that we are training with the old man, right?'

'Eheh. I didn't...' I said, rubbing the back of my neck. 'Well, you better!' He said, moving out of my doorway. I rushed past him, running up the stairs that led to Ace's room, and knocked on his door. 'Ace, don't forget we train with Gramps today!!!!' I yelled, then heard him curse under his breath. 'Alright, thank you, Luffy.' He replied with a sigh.

'You're welcome!' I said, running back down the stairs to the dining room. 'Sanjiiiiiiiiii!!!!!! I'm huuuuungrrryyyyyy!!!!!!' I yelled as I entered the dining room. 'Just sit down! The food will be done soon!' He replied angrily. 'Okay!' I said, sitting down. 'I see you're already up and ready. But what are you wearing?' Dad asked, looking up from the papers in front of him.

'Well, Gramps is going to train us a bit today. So I figured it would be better to wear this.' I answered, 'Hm, well, enjoy your training. Are your brothers joining you?'

'Yeah, they are!' I said as Sabo entered the dining room. 'Well, you boys have fun with his fury.'

'Yeah, tons.' Sabo said sarcastically, taking his seat. 'What was that, Sabo?' Gramps said, walking into the dining room with Ace in his grasp. 'N-n-nothing!!' Sabo said quickly as his face went white. I would have laughed, but I didn't want Gramp's fury directed toward me.

'Good, that's what I like to hear! Here's your brother. He was slaking off in his room, so I had to drag him out!' Gramps said with a laugh. 'H-hey...' Ace said, raising a hand weakly. 'Yo!' I replied, waving at him. Gramps tossed him to the floor and told him to sit down as he walked to his seat.

'Don't you think you're being a bit rough with them?' Dad asked as Gramps sat down. 'Nope! I think this is the perfect way to teach them. The fist of love will always work!' Gramps said, laughing.