Chapter Three

°Nami's P.O.V°

Bell-mére's funeral was earlier today and it was painful to go through, not like physical pain but mentally. Nojiko and I were told that to keep the funeral running smoothly we had to keep our composer. Meaning they practically told us we weren't allowed to cry at all throughout the funeral. It was hard, for both of us. I could see Nojiko shaking throughout the whole funeral.

After the funeral finished, Nojiko and I were dismissed she immediately went to her room and refused to come out. So I left her be and went to find Usopp. I searched around the castle and couldn't find him, so I went to find Hachi-san to ask if he'd seen him. "Hey, Hachi-san. Have you seen Usopp anywhere? I was hoping to hang out with him."

"Oh, Nami-san! I heard that he went down to Kaya-san's." Hachi-san said and I nodded, "Alright, thank you!" I said swimming off. Once I made it to Kaya's I knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it, "Hello? Oh Princess, how are you!" Merry-san said as he opened the door. "I'm... I'm okay!" I said as he moved away from the door allowing me to enter. "That's good. I am truly sorry about what happened to your mother..." He said, his voice full of sorrow.

"Yeah... Thank you." I said getting a tad bit emotional myself. "Oh right! Kaya-san and Ussop-kun are up in her room!" He said shutting the door and swimming off, "Alright, thank you!" I said loudly, he waved a hand back to show he acknowledged me. 'Wonder what those love birds are up to..' I thought to myself swimming up to Kaya's room.

"Hey Kaya, Usopp you guys in there?" I said when I made it to her door. "Nami!! Hello! How are you!" Kaya said popping her head through the entrance. "Hey Kaya, I'm doing good. How about you?" I asked as she moved to the side allowing me to enter. "I've been good... I hate to ask but how are you actually feeling you know since well Bell-mére-san's funeral.." She asked her mood quickly changing to a sad one.

"I'm fine! I swear.." I said with a sigh and a small smile. "If you say so.... Oh, me and Usopp were playing a game, would you like to join us?" She said trying to change the mood. "Uh, yeah sure.... What game are you guys playing?" I asked swimming over to where Usopp was. "Oh hey, Nami!" He said, sitting up, "Hey Usopp." I said sitting next to him. "Sooooo, how's Nojiko-san, I saw she went to her room and wasn't listening to you." He asked, clearly worried.

"I'm not too sure... She blocked the door off with stuff so no one could get in and was completely ignoring me.." I said looking down tears threatening to come out. "O-oh I'm sorry! I shouldn't have asked.." He said I could tell he genuinely felt bad. "Yeah, it's okay! You didn't know!" I replied trying to get him to cheer up. "Yeah, but I still feel bad.." He said rubbing the back of his head. "It's okay Usopp, really don't worry about it!"

"How bout we play some games!" Kaya said trying to break the sadness that was lurking around in the air. "Yeah, sounds fine to me," I said as Usopp nodded.

/Few Hours Later\

"Ha! I won again!!" Usopp proclaimed loudly, I let out an annoyed groan as Kaya chuckled. "How do you keep winning!?" I asked getting irritated, "Hm, dunno I guess it's just pure luck!" He said with a laugh, I rolled my eyes and groaned again. "I'm so done with this stupid game!" I said as I swam to Kaya's bed. "Oh, are you tired?" She asked as I made myself comfortable. "Hm yeah, I haven't been sleeping all that well." I mumbled out, "Alright you can lay there as long as you want!" Kaya said, I hummed out a reply about to fall asleep until Merry came in. "Ah, Nami-san! Sir Jinbe is here for you!" He said as I groaned and got up. "Sorry Nami!" Kaya said swimming to me.

"No, it's okay," I said with a smile swimming off. "Well, we'll see you later Nami!" Kaya yelled out to me, Usopp had said something but I couldn't make it out. "Yeah, I'll see you guys later!" I said as they waved. "Sorry if I took too long Jinbe-san!" I said making it to the front door. "Not at all Princess!" He said in his usual cheery voice. "So why do I have to leave so early?" I asked as we swam back to the castle. "Well, Nojiko-san wanted to talk with you."