Anakin Lars/Skywalker

Phantom Menace (Beginning)

Name: Anakin Lars (later Skywalker)

Planet of origin: Tatootine

Age: 15

Backstory: Born and raised on the desert planet of Tatooine, young Anakin grew up on a failing moisture farm with his mother - Shmi Lars, and older brother - Owen Lars. A skilled pilot and podracer, Anakin hopes to someday leave Tatooine and explore the galaxy. One day, he meets two men who call themselves Luke Jinn and Ben Kenobi, as well as a girl his age named Padmé Amidala. Padmé reveals to Anakin that she's a senator in the Republic, and Luke Jinn reveals that his real name is Qui-Gon Jinn and that Ben Kenobi's real name is Obi-Wan Kenobi, and they reveal to him that they are Jedi. Anakin never knew about the Jedi until meeting Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, but once they explain to Anakin who the Jedi and explaining to him that they both sensed the incredible amount of Force power Anakin has within him, they convince him to come with them to become a Jedi. But since he has started his training at too old of an age, part of his Jedi initiation is that he can never see his family again in order to protect them. Qui-Gon tells Anakin that'll he try to negotiate with the Jedi Council so Anakin can occasionally visit his family. Qui-Gon also tells Anakin that he wants to be Anakin's master, sense he's never had a padawan of his own, and he also sees a lot of potential in Anakin and even sees the boy as the son he never had. Qui-Gon gives Anakin a blue kyber crystal that he had been saving for when he had an apprentice of his own he could give it to. Anakin is sad about the past he had to leave behind, but is hopeful for the future that lies ahead.

Phantom Menace (End)

Backstory: After the death of Qui-Gon at the hands of Darth Maul, Obi-Wan agrees to be Anakin's master and trains him to be a Jedi

Backstory: After the death of Qui-Gon at the hands of Darth Maul, Obi-Wan agrees to be Anakin's master and trains him to be a Jedi. Anakin is now fully dedicated to becoming a Jedi so he never loses someone he cares about again. After forging his own lightsaber with the kyber crystal Qui-Gon have him, Anakin has now begun his training, but as part of his initiation into the Jedi Order, he must change his last name. He goes with the last name his brother called him: Skywalker. He says his goodbyes to Padmé, promising her that they'll see each other again some day.