Chapter 45

While it was still night, we found a big camp of those bears and they were down in a hole, so it will take them a while to run up to us on the hill we are on. "They are all asleep," I informed Timothy as I checked their breathing with my wind magic.

He nodded as he started to say a spell while all my wind magic was placed in front of us and around the bears. "Let the great protection of fire be on the place thou seekest." Timothy started.

'I'm so happy I don't need to say those anymore.' I thought that as I hummed.

"O raging inferno, incinerate tremendous bounty. Exa-flame!" Timothy sent down a huge flame upon them. I added my wind magic to make it into a gigantic fire tornado amazing the others. Some of the bears got picked up by it while many still escaped and came charged at us.

Timothy repeated his spell while Rudeus put his hand to the floor and made the ground ahead of us into mud making the bears sink into it.

Timothy kept repeating the spell as I kept my tornado still since it could burn the entire forest down if I didn't. Rudeus put his hands over my ears as I was whining hearing the bears crying from pain or the sound of their bodies hitting into each other.

"Sara, can I have an arrow?" I asked and she handed me one.

I held it in my hand and then put a layer of wind magic around it to give me an amazing amount of control. I sent it at the tornado then did my best to work with it. I controlled the arrow to make it hit the only living bear left in a weak spot killing it instantly.

It was constantly whining from its broken bones being forced to move by the tornado. "Sorry," I mumbled to it quietly since I felt bad I made it suffer, but it has stopped now.

I then turned with my eyes wide open making the others flinch as Rudeus had his ear to the ground. "More bears that way!" I exclaimed.

"They are close!" Rudeus added.

"Black Grizzlies?!" Sara freaked out.

"It's mud. They are covered in mud." Rudeus explained.

"Fire won't work well then!" I exclaimed.

"Retreat!" Timothy ordered. The people with the positions in the back ran off while Rudeus and I stayed to help keep the bears at bay.

'The future?' I asked Rudeus in my mind.

'We are stuck, it's too late.' He informed me. 'What now? No, forget it. I'm sick of this. I will just lose everything, anyway."

"Hah?!" I yelled as I sent wind magic at one shaped as a blade cutting it mostly in half while Suzanne stopped another one from jumping us.

"Run for it! I will act as a decoy!" She ordered.

"No! I will stay too!" Sara declared.

"You can't stop them!" Suzanne retorted.

"Mimi! Tini Tim back here!" I yelled for the other two with shortened names so it was quicker and they finally noticed that we were surrounded.

I helped them fight off the bears while Rudeus seemed to be in shock and Suzanne got sent flying at some point. She landed in front of me, and I healed her along with the help of Mimir so she got up quickly.

'What do I feel so uneasy? Why am I breathing so heavily? Why do I find this so exciting?' Rudeus thought.

'God, I was an idiot!' I exclaimed in my mind making him look at me to see I was crying. 'He really did want to die! He was going to allow himself to die! I don't want him to! I know dying can end suffering, but what will happen to me after?! To mum when she hears what happened to him?!'