• CHAPTER 1. dont be late for school.

Slight tw!: mention of/hinted to abuse

GENYAS POV!

'BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!' I groaned, slowly openong my eyes to the sound of my alarm. '6 AM- already?' i slowly sat up and hit the off button for my alarm, i was suprised nemo hadnt woken me up with him- he usually does. with that questipn circling around my mind i lofted myself from my bed, walking over to my closet and grabbing my hangong uniform. 'maybe nemis still asleep!' Nemi is my big brother- his full name is sanemi. i just call him nemi though, i let the thought leave my mind as i got dressed and ready.

5 minutes later.

'its never this quiet.' i thought to myself, maybe everyones asleep still? it was unusual but i didnt know. it wss just me, nemi, and our father here now. it usrd to be us, our other 5 soblings and out mother, after our mother went missing one of our aunts took our younger siblings into her custody, she didnt take us though because she thought we were to- 'tainted' by our fsther. whatever that means, it cpuldve been our chance of getting out.

if she had taken us too then nemi wouldnt have to do so much for me. I can deal with my own problems. ots not that i dont appreciate nemi and all thathes done, i just wish he wouldnt put my safety before his.

i lovd my big bro, he may not be good at showimg it but i know he loves me too. Anyways, i opened my door slowly trying not to be loud and wslked down the stairs missing every creaky floorboard, i have the pattern memorized. looking around, i saw a note on the counter. 'huh?-'

i walk over to the counter, picking up the note and opening it slowly. looking at the hamdwriting and spelling i could tell it was nemi right away, he has a lot of trouble with wroting and dorsnt have the most pleaseing pennmenship- but its readable!

'Genya, i went to work early. We need a bit more money for the bills so im working a duoble shift today, dont come home until i text yuo.

Dad wasnt home wehn i woke up and i dont want you coming home before or aftrr him when im not theire, maybe go over to a freinds house or something. i dont caere.

and dpmt be laet for schoil, i will know. spo dont rven tryu skippomg math classd.

Loev, Sanemi.'

i put the note down, sighing in releif that my father wasnt home. but where was i going to go after school for a bit but i would figure something out. i grabbed an apple from the counter, and a water bottle from the fridge and quickly grabbed my backpack and put my waterbottle on the side of it, looking st my phone for the time.

it read; 7:00 AM 'SHIT!- ive got 30 minutes- fuck- how does timr fly by that fast!?' i shoved my phone in my pocket, bit into my apple, and started running towards school. I hadnt grabbed a lunch since my best friend- and crush, muichiro started packing me a spare bento once he saw me only getting small chip bags from the vending machines at school, i troed to tell him he didny have to but he insisted, and ever since he has. i lived quite far from school amd the bus doesmt comr by my house, so 30 minutes wasnt a lot of time to grt to school. i wonder how nwmis holding up at work.. did i mention he HATES, DESPISES, his job?

(( 609 words!

Slight A/N! IM SO SORRY THE CHAPTER WAS SHORT- WARNING THIS BOOK IS PROBABLY GONNA BE RRALLY CRINGEY SHSKSB

ALSO!! LEMME JUST SAY THAT FOR SANEMIS NOTE SINCR HE CANNONICALLY CSNT WRITR, AND IN THIS AU HE CSNT EITHER I TROED TO INCORPERATE THSY IN THE NOTE BY JUST WRITONG AND NOT FIXING MY SPELLONG MISTAKES SHSVSJ -Mui))