- 𝟏.𝟎𝟏

– ꥟ –

❝ chapter one — regular old testament stuff ❞

chapter one — regular old testament stuff

❝ chapter one — regular old testament stuff ❞

– ꥟ –

     "MY HEART IS TOWARD THE GOVERNORS of Israel, that offered themselves willin'ly among the people. Bless ye the Lord," Birdie read, squinting at the small letters on the thin pages. She glanced at Carl Grimes and Sofia Peletier, who were staring at her with twin furrowed brows, tilted head, and parted lips. "Speak, ye that ride on...on — " Birdie stared at the words on the page, then dissolved into obnoxious laughter.

     "What?" Carl demanded, leaning forward in the seat. "What's so funny?"

     "I—I can't say that," she snorted, reading the words again.

     "It's the Bible," Sophia whined. "There's no bad words in the Bible."

     "Depends on the book," Rick Grimes said with a chuckle, glancing at her in the rear-view mirror.

     "What book are you in?" His wife, Lori, asked.

     "Book of Judges," Sophia supplied, in the same voice of someone who tattle-tails.

     "Deborah," Carl added.

     "Wait — doesn't she kill some guy with a stake to the head?" Rick questioned.

     "You spoiled it!" Birdie cried with a pout, leaning forward to rest her elbows on her knees.

     "That book is thousands of years old, Bird," he pointed out.

     "Doe'n't matter," the blonde huffed, scanning the words again. She leaned against Carol and showed her the passage. "What do you think?"