Best. Birthday. Ever.

A/N:

Woo! Another chapter! Who's excited to go for a ride!

Thanks as literally always to my beta readers. Carley, Cher, Tiggy, Jess, I would be absolutely NOTHING without you!

I hope you all enjoy Frankie's big birthday surprise. God fucking knows he did.

As always, I am @pixie_revolver on twitter (some day I'll be smart enough to put a link in here BUT IT IS NOT THIS DAY) please feel free to come scream at me if you want. I deserve. <3

---

It is hot, Gerard tells himself. It is hot inside the club because the heater is on, and there are bodies in the club. The more bodies there are in a space, the hotter it is. It is cold outside, so the heating is on. It is hot, because it is October, and the heating is on, and there are lots of bodies in the club. When you're hot, you wear clothing that is appropriate. Like shorts, or sleeveless shirts.

Or... Mesh.

"This... Is so stupid, I shouldn't be doing this," Gerard says, staring at his reflection. It's not quite mesh, actually. Well, it's still technically mesh, but it's more opaque than that. He can tell that there's skin beneath it, clearly, but it's not like he's wearing fishnet. That would be another thing altogether, and he's not sure he's quite ready for that step just yet.

The panties had been fine because Frank was the only one seeing him in them. This is... Public. Less public than actual public, sure, because it's The Sanctuary, but there are still other people here. But that's the whole point.

He's doing this here . Here in the place where he'd met Sky for the first time in nothing but a lace teddy. Or her weird strappy contraptions, or her skin tight leather. The place where Nicole walks around with her harness on top of blood red lace and thigh high fishnets.

This is not a place where anyone is going to think twice about what he's wearing, other than to admire it.

Sky pops her head around the curtain, and grins, "He's gonna love it."

"You could knock, you know," Gerard says, but his voice doesn't have any snap to it at all. He's too busy adjusting the waistband of his pants. His fucking leather pants. "Jesus christ this is–"

"You. Look. Great." Sky says cheerily. "I did a very good job."

"You're far too proud of yourself for this."

Sky steps into the changing room and shuts the curtain behind her so that she can lift up on her tiptoes and fuss at his hair. "You asked for my help, I delivered. I'm a very good friend. Say thank you."

Gerard rolls his eyes, but ducks his head so that she can get the flyaway strand that she's aiming for. "Thank you."

She beams, stepping back. "You're very welcome." She folds her hands up under her chin and gives him a pout. "They grow up so fast," She says, and he flips her the finger. Her only response is to giggle and go diving into the bag with his normal clothes in it.

"That is not yours," Gerard huffs, and sends her all but flying when he bumps her with his hip to get her out of the way. "Paws off."

"No, no. Nickie's in the ears tonight."

"Oh, so you're in charge?" Gerard asks, sarcasm rolling off his tongue with the words.

Sky gasps, and hip checks him back, though it does little more than move him a step or so to the side. "I am ."

"Yeah, sure thing, babydoll ," He snorts at her. "Whatever you say."

His hands clasp around what he's been looking for and he lifts it out of the bag with excitement buzzing through his body. It's new. Everything about tonight is new. The outfit, the toys . All new, and all just for Frank. Gerard just hopes he doesn't end up looking like a joke.