Chapter 3: Revelation

We drove into town. Puppet was looking out the window with biggest smile I had ever seen. He was so excited to see the world again, I could tell.

He kept on pointing at stuff and asking what it was.

"What is that?!" He yelled as he pointed to a waterpark that had just opened up recently.

"That's the new waterpark." I answered.

"Whoa, I want to go there!" He replied.

I had almost forgotten that he was possessed by a child's ghost. That's why he was going crazy over a waterpark.

"Well, where should we go first?" I asked.

He shrugged.

"I don't know. I haven't been out since the 80's."

I chuckled at his statement.

"Then how about we go to the mall." I suggested.

"Sure." Puppet replied.

I drove us down to the mall. We both got out of the car and walked in. A few people gave Puppet some weird looks, but nothing that made anything seem suspicious.

We continued into the mall. As we were walking, Puppet grabbed my arm to get my attention.

"Can we go to the comic shop?" He asked.

"Sure." I answered.

He then pulled me into the comic shop. He began browsing around.

"Pssst!" I heard from behind me.

I turned around to the sound. There was an older guy at the counter. I walked up to him.

"Excuse me, ma'am, but I couldn't help but notice your friend there." He said.

"What's wrong with him?" I asked.

"It's his mask. It's just something I recognized from my old job a long time ago." He explained.

It suddenly hit me! This guy was an ex-night guard at Freddy's.

"You were a night guard weren't you?" I asked.

He nodded.

"The name's Jeremy. Jeremy Fitzgerald."

"I guess you know him then." I said as I pointed to Puppet.

"Yeah, he and the other animatronics tried to kill me." Jeremy stated.

"What?!" I said a little loud.

I noticed that Puppet was looking at us. He kind of stared at Jeremy, like he recognized him, but couldn't put his finger on it. He shrugged and went back to looking at the comic books.

I looked back at Jeremy.

"Why did they try to kill you?" I asked.

"I don't know, but after they caught me, they decided to let me go." Jeremy explained.

"I see." I replied.

Jeremy looked back at the Puppet.

"That's him, isn't it?"

"Yeah, that's him." I answered.

"Why does he look so different?" Jeremy asked.

"He was broken, so I fixed him and tried to make it to where he could almost blend in." I stated.

"Ok, but a word of advice, don't trust him." Jeremy said. "He acts like he's friendly, but he's truly crazy. He does everything for his own agenda."

I suddenly felt sick. My face went pale. Was the Puppet really my friend? Was he tricking me?

"Ok, one last question." I said. "Do you know anyone who would have information about the Puppet and Freddy's in general?"

"Yes, there is one person still alive, but she's raising a child on her own and is really busy." Jeremy replied.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Her name is Sherry Schmidt. She was married to Mike Schmidt, the man who died in the fire at Fazbear Frights." Jeremy answered.

Suddenly, Puppet walked up. He looked at Jeremy.

"J-Jeremy?" He asked.

Jeremy nodded.

"In the flesh."

"You...I didn't know you were still alive." Puppet replied.

"Well, I am. You've changed a lot." He Jeremy said.

"D-did you say something about Sherry?" Puppet asked.

"That I did."

"Where is she?! I need to see her!" Puppet said.

"She lives in Mike's old house." Jeremy answered.

Puppet turned to me.

"We need to go there!"

"Ok, I'll take you." I said.

I turned to Jeremy.

"Thanks for the information." I said.

"No problem." He replied.

We walked out. As we were walking, a little girl pointed to Puppet.

"Mommy! Look, it's a clown!"

Puppet stopped and walked to the girl. He knelt down to her.

"And what's your name?" He asked.

"It's Marie." She answered.

Puppet's face looked strange for a second. The he immediately went back to normal.

"That's a pretty name." Puppet said.

He then reached into his sweatshirt pocket and pulled out a balloon. He blew it up and folded it into a balloon dog. He handed it to the little girl. He patted her on the head and walked back to me.

We continued walking out of the building.

"That was kind of...sweet, the way you were nice to that little girl." I said.

"It was nothing. I've always had a soft spot for kids." Puppet replied.

It seemed that Puppet wasn't as bad as Jeremy made him sound. I decided to bring up our next destination.

"So, I'm guessing you know this Sherry lady." I said.

"Yeah, we were friends." Puppet replied.

We got into the car and began to head towards Sherry's house.