Chapter 2: Puppet's Evolution

I took the Puppet to my apartment. I sat him on the couch, and I sat next to him.

"Ok, tell me everything." I said.

"Alright, here it goes. It's been so long, I can't remember how old I was. I was killed by an ex-night guard. My soul took the body of this animatronic. There were others too, but they are long gone. I thought my soul was freed a few years ago, but it turns out that I was just in limbo while an evil incarnation of me took over. After I finally awoke, I had killed my best friend, Mike. I tried to kill the Purple Guy, who possessed the bunny suit, but he beat me and threw me in that crate to rot." The Puppet explained.

I was almost in tears after hearing that story. I know it was weird, but I hugged the Puppet. It was what he needed. He needed a friend. Someone to help him.

"It's going to be ok." I said as I held him in my arms.

Oily tears leaked from his eyes.

He began repeating the words, "I'm sorry", over and over again. He was obviously in pain. His heart was hurt.

"I-I want all of this to be over!" He yelled. "I want to see my friends again! I want to see Mike again! I want to see Chica again!"

"Shh, it's ok." I said.

He looked up at me.

"Can you please help the pain go away?" He asked, almost sounding like a child.

Actually, he was only a child soul, so it was only natural for him to sound like that. It was a motherly love that he needed.

I looked down at his broken limbs and parts.

"I'm going to fix you." I stated.

I quickly stood up and ran to my room. I opened my closet, where I kept spare cloth and extra stuff like that. I had the correct tools too, because my dad was a mechanic.

I ran back to the Puppet with my supplies.

"I'm going to make you good as new!" I exclaimed.

~Several Hours Later~

Puppet looked good as new. Not only had I fixed his broken parts, I upgraded him. He was able to stand as tall as me. His mouth was now moveable, his body was more humanlike, and his face had a more boy looking shape than a clown. And as an extra touch, I gave him a wig, so he would be able to almost blend in with a crowd.

"What do you think?" I asked as I held a mirror up to his face.

He smiled.

"I love it!" He exclaimed as he embraced me in a friendly hug.

He released me from his hug.

"Thank you, you've done so much for me, even though you barely know me."

"It's no problem at all." I replied.

"Maybe I can live an almost normal life, now that I look human!" He said.

I smiled.

"Now all we need is a name."

"My name in my past life was Logan." He said.

"Then that's what I'll call you. Logan."

He seemed so overjoyed to be somewhat human again. I was happy for him.

"Can we do something, like, out in the city?" He asked.

"Like what?" I replied with a question.

"I wanna see the city again!" Logan Answered. "I want to be a kid again!"

"Ok, but first, you need clothes. You can't be running around in a puppet outfit." I stated.

I then ran to my closet. I was sure that I had something he could wear. I searched around and found a gray sweatshirt, blue jeans, and a hat.

I brought them to Logan.

"Put these on." I said.

He put on the clothing.

"How do I look?" He asked.

He looked pretty normal, other than his face. I wasn't sure what to do about that, but I would worry about it if it came up. People would probably think he was cosplaying if anything. So he would be fine.

"Yeah, you look fine. Just try to keep your face somewhat hidden." I explained.

Logan nodded.

"And if anyone asks, you're my brother." I stated.

"Ok, I'm your brother." Logan replied.

"Good, let's go." I said.

We both walked out, so I could show him a good day on the town...