[20371018] LOG-???. JABBERWOCKY [MANUAL LOG]

> initiate neural connection

NETWORK ESTABLISHED: HELENRK–ALICEMLK

> emulate dad

FETCHING DATA FROM FILE:\\CORE\LEWIS_LEE

RECREATING ENVIRONMENT (46%)_

RECREATING SCENARIO (99%)_

COMMENCING MANUAL LOG_

I glance at my phone. At this point I just want it to light up so I have a reason to get distracted. I look at the Tylenol bottles that are arranged on my bedside table. There is a piece of holo paper pinned underneath them. I did not notice it before. I pull the paper and read the contents. It is a medical leave. It is granted to me by a doctor. It states that due to health concerns, I am to be excused from school for one week to improve my wellbeing. This lifts my mood.

My phone buzzes beside me. A miracle. The screen displays a new text from an unknown number. When tapped, the notification opens to a text. More texts from the same number closely follow. The first text reads: "Hey Jabberwock, guess who". Only one person has called me with that name. It is Dad. I make this guess and I am correct. It is Dad. He goes on to say how he misses me and what he has been up to since the last time he contacted me. He then asks me how I have been. I tell him, but avoid from mentioning the Tylenol. He requests for a videocall. I quickly swat the bottles off of the bedside table and into the bin beside it. I accept his request. A face fills the screen. It looks exhausted. It is really Dad. We wave at each other and talk for a while. He tells me that he has heard of my medical leave from Mum and asks if I would like to spend the week with him. I nod my head and smile. He smiles. 

END OF LOG EMULATION

OVERWRITE COMPLETE

> resume assimilation

ASSIMILATION RESUMED

> verify

END OF ASSIMILATION. ANDROID CALIBRATION COMPLETED.

WELCOME BACK, Alice Mae Lee-Knight.