Exploration 2

"kid, you okay? your eyelight..."

My eyelight? My head tilted to the side. I wanted to know what he meant, but given in the original game the skeleton brothers didn't have mirrors in their house, I would have to ask, "What do you mean?"

"one of your eyelights changed color. and shape." Sans answered calmly, clearly having dismissed it as just something weird.

Only one of my eyelights changed? I knew that Ink's eyes were always changing shape and color depending on his mood, but now I was curious why only one of them changed, and if one of my eyelights changed, what did they look like before?

"What does it look like?" I asked.

"it turned purple, and into a question mark. you could say it's... questionable." I think Sans was trying to divert the subject with humor, but I obviously wasn't laughing. Sans shrugged, "i've never seen a question mark on a skeleton before."

"What about the other one?" I continued the line of questioning. I really wanted to get to the bottom of it

"that one's normal, don't worry about it kiddo." Sans dismissed.

"What does normal look like?" I knew canon Ink's eyelights were never pure white, but I obviously wasn't meant to be the canon version of him since I was expected to create AUs. My eyelights were probably plane white, but I still wanted to know That seemed to earn Sans's suspicion again.

"you don't know what your own eyelight looks like?"

"I-" I tried to think of an excuse, but nothing came to mind." I haven't exactly had access to a mirror."

"are you saying you haven't had access to a mirror... your whole life?" Sans's eyes narrowed in suspicion.

Well, it wasn't wrong. I really hadn't exactly had the opportunity in the white void I was in. "It's not like I could have made one"

His eyelights went dark again, but this time they didn't immediately return.

I wasn't sure how to snap him out of it, so I finally went back to what I was doing. What was I doing again? I had already forgotten what I had come to the kitchen for. I think Sans had mentioned exploring? But that didn't seem right either...

I was so caught up on trying to remember what I was doing, that I didn't realize Sans had stepped closer to me until grabbed the mud I'd been tightly gripping the whole time.

"i'll get that for you kid." the mug instantly disappeared from from his hand.

"How..?"

"just a shortcut," he answered before going back to where he'd been standing before.

I shook my head, deciding to ignore him and explore like he'd suggested.

The fridge, clearly one of the most interesting things in the kitchen, had nothing pinned to the outside. Weird. Pretty much every single friend's house I'd been to had at least a magnet or two attached, usually a photo or drawing, maybe even a note.

The skeleton brothers' fridge, on the other hand, was a dull grey. Not even shiny, just grey. I wrapped my phalanges around it, curious to see what was inside.

"it's a little rude to look in other people's refrigerators just because you're curious."

Oh. He was right. I wasn't thinking. Still I tried to make up for it in a way I knew Sans would understand. "But I'm not curious, I'm I don't know."

Sans snorted and went silent again. I continued looking around, but there wasn't really anything more I could do in the kitchen without snooping. Instead I walked out to the living room again. Sans was on the couch. I looked back to the kitchen, Sans was in the kitchen.
Two Sans? I looked back and forth, back and forth, eventually spinning in circles always seeing him in both places until I got so dizzy I had to stop.