19

POV: Yours

"Cant believe you agreed to take care of her kid, you used to argue with me that you hated them and never wanted one." Gwen said as she sat down on the bed I was laying on.

"Well she did bring me back to life, the least I can do is take care of her kid." I said as I lit up a cigarette and placed it in my mouth as I tried to light it up with a hand.

"Well how are you liking being a babysitter so far?" She questioned.

"I love it actually." I said, finally lighting the cigarette.

"Come on, lighting up a cigarette after a long day of fighting and protecting a kid? You have to be stressed." "Oh shut up." I muttered as I inhaled the smoke, "Just want you to be honest with me is all." Gwen said as she grabbed the cigarette and turned it off, "Gwen. My mom left me at a young age, my dad is gone, this girl has a mom who loves her to death, so much so she left her with me cause she knew she was no match for her husbands army of a million sea creatures. So I don't see this as a babysitting thing, I genuinely don't want this kid to be alone." I said as I picked up another cigarette to light up.

Gwen grabbed the packet in my hand and the cigarette from the other, "Your lungs are going to give up on you if you keep smoking." "Well what's the big deal, not that long ago my lungs gave up on me." "You really should stop joking around about the fact that you died." "Sorry, remember though, I did die." I muttered.

Gwen sighed, "are you going to get a job?" I chuckled, "what job is going to let me bring Dani while I work?" "Just hire a babysitter." "Gwen. She's the daughter of a fucking sea monster, a babysitter isn't going to know what to do when they drown her and then stab her to death, then you know what happens? They take Dani, and going to that fucking ocean just to look for her will not help." "How are you going to provide for both of you. Think Y/n." I rolled my eyes, "Do you think I lost a few thousand brain cells while I was dead Gwen?" I asked as I walked to the closet and picked up the duffel bag, "is that a bomb-" "no-" I unzipped the bag, to show how much money there was.

"What the actual-" Something clicked in my head, I feel like Gwen isn't taking me serious because she thinks I'm delicate after I came back from the dead.

Even if I talk her out of it, she still wouldn't understand, so I have to show her.

Maybe get in a fight in front of her?

Oh who am I kidding.

I interrupted her by grabbing her chin to face me and kissed her.

When I was younger, kissing people felt like just a wet slobbery thing, but when Gwen and I kissed, my body lit up, my heart would race, every living thing out there suddenly didn't matter.

"Seven years later, and I still feel that feeling I had from when we first kissed." 

I don't know why but my eyes teared up, "Do you really?" I questioned.

She pulled me closer to her lap and kissed me, "Always have and always will."