CHAPTER 11: A SOFT SILVER LIGHT

Felix was once again sent to the ground. He gasped as the air was knocked out of his lungs and he groaned, rolling over to stand up again.

"Focus, Felix!" Seungmin snapped, extending a hand to help Felix up. "You need to focus and be alert. At all times. Dongyul and his soldiers could be planning an ambush now for all that we know."

"Can we take a break?" Felix asked, rubbing his face. "I need... I need a minute."

Seungmin looked at Felix for a moment, studying his expression. Then he sighed, his shoulders slumping and he nodded.

"Very well, let's take a short break," he said, walking over to the fallen tree where they had left their things.

Felix sat down beside Seungmin on the tree log, wiping the sweat off his forehead and he scanned the camp. Jeongin and Hyunjin didn't seem to mind Seungmin and Felix as the two of them were busy discussing something. The others had left for a while to gather some food to get their rations to last a bit longer. Changbin was sitting with his back against a tree, eyes fixed on Seungmin and Felix but he didn't make a move to join them as they settled down for a break.

"What's on your mind?" Seungmin asked, his voice unexpectedly soft. Felix snapped his head around to look at him. It was the tone Seungmin had used back in the castle, before everything happened. "Do you want to talk about it?"

This was a side of the actual Seungmin that Felix hadn't seen before. He furrowed his brows, studying Seungmin's face closely as he looked for any signs that Seungmin was just feigning concern.

"Chan is in love with me," Felix finally said.

"I know," Seungmin replied.

"Oh."

"It's quite obvious," Seungmin continued.

"I- Is it?" Felix stuttered, his heart leaping in his chest. "How..?"

"Everyone in the castle knew about it," Seungmin said with a shrug. "The both of you keep looking at one another like you're the only ones in the room. Chan looks at you like you hung the stars in the sky, and I'm afraid that you're not much better. And the whole 'I'd rather dance with you than my own fiancé'." He chuckled. "Or Chan telling you to run away with him. Not the most subtle hints you were dropping there, My Prince"

"Oh." Felix looked down at his hands, his face warming up. "I didn't... Oh, that's bad. That's really bad."

"I wouldn't say it's a bad thing," Seungmin said, leaning back. There was a long pause and Felix turned to look at the blade mage. Seungmin was staring towards Hyunjin and Jeongin. "I don't think emotions are bad." He glanced at Felix. "You wear your heart on your sleeve and I..." He trailed off. "I admire that."

Felix stared. Ever since Seungmin had returned, he had been stoic, avoiding to talk too much about emotions and had had focus on the task at hand. This was the most vulnerable Felix had seen him.

"Did Chan finally confess to you?" he asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"I- Yes I guess he did."

"You guess?"

"He thought I was asleep," Felix mumbled, lowering his head again. "He was talking to me and he confessed and I... I pretended that I was asleep."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Terribly sorry, My Prince. But you're stupid."

Felix wasn't sure if he should take offence or not.

"But honestly, Chan might be even dumber than you are." Seungmin sighed, rubbing his temples. "I'm not sure how much longer I can stand the two of you not talking about this."