||How about we focus on the good stuff?||

• A birthday dinner and secret boyfriends
• Italian!FP and Hispanic!/Columbiam!Gladys — whatever that means for the Jones siblings
• Mention/Referenced alcoholism, abuse, trauma, depression, self harm (and suicidal thoughts) — all only in one paragraph though

"So, you know how my birthday is tomorrow?" Jughead asked, rolling around to face Reggie. The other hummed, his arms wrapped around his waist to keep him close to him.

"Yeah, I do. You specifically told me to not do anything just the two of us"

"Yeah, so... I have a present for you"

"Usually, presents are supposed to be a surprise"

"How about you come to my family dinner?" Jughead suggested, biting his bottom lip "You don't have to but my whole family will come, probably. Jellybean said that they would try to come"

"Sure. So you finally want me to meet your parents, mhm?" Reggie asked, sitting up to face Jughead properly.

"Well, yeah, I guess. It's about time, right? We've been dating for almost a year. I know that I've been kinda weird about privacy and stuff but... but I feel like we could go a bit more public, you know? Maybe not an official outing but perhaps we could stop hiding?"

"'Stop hiding'? Sounds good. Does this mean that I can finally kiss you after I win a football game?" Reggie asked, thumbs circling Jughead's waist.

"You don't expect me to show up to every one of them, right?"

"Only if you want"

"I don't"

"Okay, then you don't have to. I do get to kiss you though, when you are there, right?"

"I guess, I could come once or twice"

"That's my boyfriend. I'll love to kiss you in front of everyone"

"Perhaps we don't kiss... on the field, you know? No need to bring that kind of attention to us. Maybe you can kiss me at the bleachers"

"Sounds like a deal" Reggie smiled, leaning forward to kiss him "It feels like you're giving me a birthday present"

"Oh don't get the wrong idea here. You'll need to be my emotional support tomorrow. This is the first time that mom and dad will see one another after... well... the divorce. I'm afraid that it might get heated... and they will very likely turn on you"

"Alright, I can handle that"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, of course. I can handle a little bit of interrogation and comments" Reggie shrugged, pulling Jughead on his lap. Thumbs still drawing circles on his waist, he pulled him in a kiss.

"My God, I love you so much" He whispered, lips trailing down to kiss his neck. Jughead inhaled sharply, titling his head to give him more space. He sighed softly though when Reggie's hands went under his shirt.

"We should stop. It's not the 2nd yet"

"So?"

"So, it's still two hours until I'm eighteen. We said that we should wait until we're both eighteen"

"That was foolish of us. I had only been dating such a handsome boy for merely three weeks then"

"Well, then you can wait another two hours. Come on, we can watch a movie or so"

"Naw" Reggie pouted playfully.

"Well, and perhaps a bit more. I've seen your siblings preparing something"